grue19

deactivating license

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47 pm

so i'm kind of in need to install simplify3d on a 3rd computer - but i get the message that 2 computer licenses are already used. then i go to the webpage to force a deactivation of one of my computers and it recommends uninstalling it rather than forcing a deactivation.

so, is it a big deal if i force a deactivation on my 2nd computer then just completely uninstall and reinstall at a later date? it would save me valuable time. i mean, would forcing a deactivate cause major problems?

on my 2nd and 3rd computers, it would only be used to preview what a printed model would look like and whether i need to make adjustments to the model.

my primary printing computer would remain untouched and continue to have a license used for final printing.

thanks,

S3D-Chris

Re: deactivating license

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:22 am

Please refer to our FAQ that states:
Installation: The software can be installed on up to 2 computers that you personally own and use.

Usage: You can use the software on 1 computer at a time.

For example, if you had a laptop and a desktop, you could install the software in both locations, but you should only use the software in 1 location at a time.

grue19

Re: deactivating license

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:06 pm

thanks chris i did read that and also clicked on the link on the 3rd computer when warned after launch, which brought me to a page that said i could force deactivation. but it also said it was recommended that i uninstall vs forcing a deactivation.

i was just wondering how bad forcing a deactivation would be.

i can always try it so no worries.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”