scott216

Want solid layers to alternate direction

I have a print where I've set three top layers. All three top layers print in the same direction as each other. I'd like these layers to be at 90 degrees to one another so it's stronger. I know you can angle the infill, but I don't see anything to adjust the top or bottom solid layers. Is this possible? I'm using v4.1.2.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Makerbot Replicator 2
Upgraded Aluminum Arms, Alucarriage, Alu-X-Ends and 3-in-1 Extruder
Mac OSX v10.9.5
horst.w

Re: Want solid layers to alternate direction

.... to play with ...

horst.w
GER
FFF-Settings.jpg
minus-45 degree.jpg
45 degree.jpg
doug_scott

So what you are saying is that the solid layers are just the external infills, at 100%? Does selecting the "print every infill angle on every layer" only apply to the internal infill? Wouldn't it make more sense to also allow it on solid layer settings?
horst.w

... the actual version 4.1.2 seams to have a problem with the settings of the infill to be print every (1) layer.

I have set (1) every layer by using 2 different angles.
But it prints only one line direction for 1 layer and the 2nd angle while printing the next upper layer.
I can't say when this issue was coming in, the version 4.0 also doesn't execute two angles into one layer but always when set 90 / -90° . It wasn't important for me because i used always bottom- and top layers. Now I had to print a flat part without bottom and top layer and so I could see this real bad quality inside.

Yes, a solid infill such as bottom and top layer are printed like infill at 100% but there are some differences with speed, direction, retracts a.s.o. Printing infill doesn't retract the material, so the print will get dirty inside. For real proper printing a grid it needs to consider it when drawing the model.
You can test it out by setting NO bottom and NO top layer but infill 100%. I have never tested it.

horst.w
GER

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”