KrazyJim

Re: Version 5 Announcement

I have been an S3D user for several years. They have still not been able to fix the corruption of profiles. That existed in 3.x and continues in all versions of 4.x

If they think anyone is going to buy a new version when they haven't been able to fix ongoing and work interrupting failures and fff corruption, then the Simplify3D owners and managers are quite delusional.

I have spent too much time today with the error message that Simplify3D has stopped working. There is no clear recommendation of how to save an existing profile and use a saved profile to create a new one. It happens mostly when there are multiple processes and after you save as new process.

A royal PITA..
newbpwnr

parallyze wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:22 am
chernogorsky wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:58 am <sarcasm>
We are not ready to discloser any information about v5 release date or even its existence.
</sarcasm>
<cynicism>
Thats great! I'm still busy having a closer look at v4.8.0...
</cynicism>

480.JPG
4.8 is so much better :) and free lol
nexy33

more chance of cura 5.0 than s3d 5.0 appearing
th0mpy

You have to wonder how Simplify stays afloat a this point. It's been several years now and I'm sure there aren't too many new subscribers at this point, the existing software is ancient by today's standards.

Here we are in March and nothing hinting that we will ever see an update. I've already given my donation to Slic3r and plan to abandon this product. Sorry guys but too many years of wasted time and false promises.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”