mntbighker

Version 5 Announcement

Let me be the first one to voice my skepticism that 5 will be any different than 4.1out of the gate. As usual the announcement is marketing fluff with no substance whatsoever.

"Over the years, Simplify3D has built a reputation for accuracy and reliability."

Really? :roll:

I really hope I'm wrong. But there is no past evidence to that effect.
Last edited by mntbighker on Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scratch built CoreXY with Duet Maestro
Heavily modified Ender 3 with Duet Maestro
MPCNC work in progress with Duet WiFi
tonyno

Re: Version 5 Announcement

Interested to see if they extend the upgrade offers into 2020...
mntbighker

I see they locked the massive prior version 5 discussion thread.
Deneteus

I see they locked the previous thread because they knew people would be pissed about this 2020 release crap which we already knew they were going to pull. I didn't even get the email notice, probably cause they use batches. That or it was sent to new users first.

AbelCS

In just 11 months they have managed to send the text they wrote in February by e-mail. Undoubtedly a great breakthrough.

Keep it up guys!
mntbighker

AbelCS wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:32 pm In just 11 months they have managed to send the text they wrote in February by e-mail. Undoubtedly a great breakthrough.

Keep it up guys!
:roll: :lol:
ntesla66

When I click on the "over 70 customer feature requests that will be included in Version 5.0" link it simply takes me to another part of the forum that's not curated nor marked what features will be "included" . I've been a user from "way" back so when I got the email I came to see what's up? I see they intend to charge for the upgrade? Well ...Okay. What do I get for my money? ... A link to figure it out yourself ... that won't work for me. Try harder.

Regards,
Matt.
Deneteus

mntbighker wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:27 pm I really wish Prusa (the obvious king of 3D printing) would really ramp up development of their in house slicer variant so that it becomes the clear and obvious ONLY choice for an FDM slicer on ANY printer. They certainly have the resources and the expertise.
They already hired a ton of developers to do just that.
Wallabear

I am SOOOOO surprised!!!!!! As was stated earlier I hope that they extend the upgrade period beyond 12 months!! Their failure to meet the deadline they promised is not our fault!
KeyboardWarrior

mntbighker wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:10 pm Let me be the first one to voice my skepticism that 5 will be any different than 4.1out of the gate. As usual the announcement is marketing fluff with no substance whatsoever.

"Over the years, Simplify3D has built a reputation for accuracy and reliability."

Really? :roll:

I really hope I'm wrong. But there is no past evidence to that effect.
The villagers are getting restless. I see a lot of “Engineers” in this thread talking tech like tenny boppers. This thread was to alert the rest of us that the next software release will most likely not appease your expectations? Great post, keep up the quality work. I look forward to your continued gripes, that you can somehow still struggle to 3D print in 2019.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”