nexy33

Re: Paid upgrade For 2020 upcoming Version 5.0

C_Birch81 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:19 pm
PicoTreed wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:31 am
C_Birch81 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm And you think by removing posts that tell you home truths about how bad the company is run is going to help?
Anyway I really want to say that Simplify3D is a truly great piece of software! We are not complaining about the software itself, but about missed promises and the lack of transparency about updates!

Complaints usually comes from loyal users, not casual ones!
Well by the fact my posts been removed again, its clear they don't care and don't want to listen or reply to subjects that matter, if only they where as fast to bring updates out and replying to stuff the community ask about than they are at removing posts that they don't like then it would be one then we would not be in this problem.

I recall a forum software company that started to try and control there community in the same manner and they was the leading forum software company, well guess what they are far from that now because of how they treated the community and paying users. Oh well its a shame.
I agree time to spend continually removing posts is time that could be better spent getting phantomware 5 out
3DWP

Come on Simplify3D what are you doing? You are pushing away your paying customers.

I can't take a company seriously that is deleting and changing posts on their own forum..

Please stop doing that and the negativity will go away when there is finally some real info about the update. Let's focus on that and release any info that can be released about it.
https://www.instagram.com/3dwp/
https://www.3dwp.nl
ghostwheel2000

The deafening silence and long gap COULD lead one to believe something is coming the community wont like. Such as web based slicer or subscription model.
3DWP

I don't think it is nice to talk about other software here even though you are disappointed about Simplify3D, that may be one of the reasons they modify the posts here - it's still their forum.

Also negative talk that updates will never happen isn't helping anybody and not based on facts.

That being said, I don't like censorship and waiting sooo long after exciting news. I'm happy with what I paid for untill now but am very much hoping for a quick release of V5 and ANY info about what new features it may hold.
https://www.instagram.com/3dwp/
https://www.3dwp.nl
C_Birch81

3DWP wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:14 pm I don't think it is nice to talk about other software here even though you are disappointed about Simplify3D, that may be one of the reasons they modify the posts here - it's still their forum.

Also negative talk that updates will never happen isn't helping anybody and not based on facts.

That being said, I don't like censorship and waiting sooo long after exciting news. I'm happy with what I paid for untill now but am very much hoping for a quick release of V5 and ANY info about what new features it may hold.
The problem is it's their actions that are making negative talk. It's them that said it would be out by end of 2019, it's them that said they be showing stuff off in the run up to that.

The only updates have basically not said anything, some people paid for the software based on the information given to them that they would upgrade to version 5 for free long as they still had an active 12 month of support, it's them people that are righty asking if because of the delay they will still get version 5 for free update like they should have based on facts given to them when they paid for it.

It's them posts they can not and will not reply to, but can take the time to remove posts and skip over stuff the community are asking so they can keep it looking all rosey. Thats not how you keep trust or gain trust, thats how you lose it and how you go under as a company.

What do we know about version 5?
"70 customer feature requests" what are them features, if they confirmed they have added them why can they not say or show a little off of them to keep people happy and looking forward to version 5?

I'm sorry and this is why my pasts posts likely been removed but the same thing happened with version 4, they said they would show off sneak peeks of what was new in the build up to launch, a launch what got delayed and no sneak peeks given till it did end up launching.

A company can not say one thing and then do another and then try to run censorship of the community to make it look like stuff never got said/happened..

You have added features, you should share some details, share a idea of how long the delay might be, share details on what will happen to them that still had paid support at the end of 2019 that should have got free version 5 update, share a idea of how much this "little cost" to update might be.
arhi

JediKnight2 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:53 pm Pathio...
pathio is now where s3d was decade+ ago ... so I would not even consider it a player today .. maybe in the future, today, no

now, as for "fallen too far behind" ... while I do need to use other slicers from time to tima can't say that s3d as it is today is "too far behind" .. it is missing some novelty features that cura has implemented as experimental and that still crash and mostly don't work, and other that we talk about but noone have implemented .. some minor not too relevant but kinda convenient things like more infill patterns etc etc .. but that's not "too far" from anything tbh .. it is still amongs fastest and best

now, if we take a look when the last release was, even if they have one programmer alone working on it there should be a lot of bugfixes and improvements in the next release .. and as Chriss mentioned a "full room of them" .. the next release can still surprise the whole industry .. I'm sure it will surprise us all so ..
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
Ret

I don't know how anyone can compare Pathio to S3D.
Pathio is however as dead as S3D(at the moment)...
TPJensen

PicoTreed wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:35 am
S3D-Chris wrote: P.S. - Simplify3D customers will also be receiving a development update via email over the next few hours but we wanted to make an announcement here first.
I appreciate the effort but your e-mail can be condensed in the words: "We are working on it."
We're a little short.
I think I have been waiting for a few hours :o
Gergg

Any news on Simplify3D V5?

Hello,

Do we have a release date or a feature list about Simplify3D V5?

Thank you.
Greg
muzzlitebeer

Well... I hope it's released before October 2020. That's when my 12 months expires.

Not looking very promising...

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”