opy01

Retraction Script

I have the "tip of the day 8" bookmarked for scripts, but it has nothing on the retraction script tab. Can someone post the retraction script tab usages? I would love to have a retract/unretract script I could use on my diamond full color.
S3D-Chris

Re: Retraction Script

For the diamond hotend, firmware retraction retractions usually help to improve the retraction performance. To use firmware retractions you can use post-processing scripts to replace the standard retractions (G1 E...) with the firmware retraction commands (G10/G11). If you need additional help with formatting these commands, please let me know.
TomDeBie

Re: Retraction Script

S3D-Chris wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:55 pm For the diamond hotend, firmware retraction retractions usually help to improve the retraction performance. To use firmware retractions you can use post-processing scripts to replace the standard retractions (G1 E...) with the firmware retraction commands (G10/G11). If you need additional help with formatting these commands, please let me know.
Hey Chris,

I'm currently messing around with a Diamond Full Color (ie, 5in-1out) and would like some help in creating the script. I found this thread (viewtopic.php?t=7869#p45740) where S3D-Jake recommends the following..
S3D-Jake wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:42 pm Thanks for the continued feedback on this, everyone! I'll be watching this thread to gauge user interest.

As studiodyne has stated, you can use the replace commands to insert firmware retractions in the place of retractions in Simplify3D.

Check the option for "Include M101/M102/M103" in the G-Code tab. Then include these in your "Additional terminal Commands for post processing" inside the Scripts tab.

{REPLACE "M101" "G11"}
{REPLACE "M103" "G10"}
{STRIP "M102"}

Finally, set retraction distance and extra restart distance in your extruder controllers to 0. This will eliminate any instances of duplicate retractions or primes.
Although Jake's post is already two years old it still confuses me in that you mention to replace the G1 E... and in Jake's example he talks about replacing M103.

Could you provide me with an example plz? And should I still check the option for "Include M101/M102/M103" in the G-Code tab?

Some information you might need:
  • Machine = Cartesian (E3D BigBox Pro)
  • Motherboard = Duet 2 Wifi (with latest firmware v3.1.1) with a Duex5 added.
  • Probe = BLTouch (TriangeLab)
Thanks in advance. ;)

With kind regards,

Tom

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”