milchkuh

CEL Robox Support

Robox is a Kickstarter funded 3D printer project (http://www.cel-robox.com/). Meanwhile the printer has been released but it uses a special extruder which uses a small and a big nozzle for details and infill respectively. Will this printer and its special way of printin be supported by simplify3d?
KeyboardWarrior

Re: CEL Robox Support

You can set one extruder for the Layer tab which would do your perimeters, raft, top/bottom solid layers, and one extruder for the Infill tab that would control your infill
milchkuh

Yes, that is right but there is no controll for the needle valves of Robox which can completely shut off extrusion to avoid stringing. I hope there will be a collaboration of Robox and Simplify3d staff to give full Robox support.
KeyboardWarrior

milchkuh wrote:Yes, that is right but there is no controll for the needle valves of Robox which can completely shut off extrusion to avoid stringing. I hope there will be a collaboration of Robox and Simplify3d staff to give full Robox support.
You can place custom Gcode commands in the Tool-Change scripts tab. This will allow for you to close/open valves as needed.
milchkuh

Ok, but the needle valves are not just used for changing the nozzle. They are also used to prevent oozing and stringing by replacing retraction of filament with closing the needle valves.
CEL-UK

Hi This is Chris from the Robox Team, We've been in contact with Simplify 3D team and are requesting some integration for all the extra hardware a Robox has. We are still waiting to hear back from them, fingers crossed they will support us. I purchased the software on return from the TCT show were a number of the other manufactures suggested that simplify 3D slice engine was one of the best. my early test show they were right and some of the gcode I used is extremely tidy and produces neat prints.
milchkuh

any news on this case?
RoboxUser

I would also like to know if there has been any progress on getting Simplfy 3D and Robox to work together.
Kratz3r_Engineering

Dear Simplify Support,

I would also like to know if there is any update regarding cel robox support by simplify3d.

Cheers
Dan
pkiriakou

It is now February of 2017.

has it been any update?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”