Beefi

S3D-PostProcessor which adds new functions! Maths, If-else-Decisions, better surface, etc.

Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi guys,

I wrote a Post-Processor for Simplify3D to add some new functions.

1. It's not easy (-> impossible) to find perfect settings for all situations in various 3D models. With this PostProcessor you can change coast and prime for the outer-perimeters and separately use the slicer settings for the inner areas of a model. So, you get a perfect surface with a nice seam and accurate results on the inner areas (Infill, gaps between perimeters, etc.).

2. You can now do mathematical calculations in toolchange scripting field of Simplify3D. Currently simple calculations (+, -, *, /) with two operands are possible.

3. I built in real If-else-Decisions which let's you control whole code-blocks ;)

4. You have easy access to some Simplify3D variables which you can use in mathematical calculations, If-else-decisions, or other cases...

Please note, that it's a hobby project...I cannot guarantee for its function and cannot give official support.
I would like to share the PostProcessor with you...maybe you will find some bugs and can report me to fix them.

Please read the manual in the ZIP file.

You can download the PostProcessor here: S3D-PostProcessor

Best regards,
Andi

Beefi

Re: S3D-PostProcessor which adds new functions! Maths, If-else-Decisions, better surface, etc.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:43 pm

There is a new update (Version 0.5): S3D-PostProcessor

The the GCode-Analyze-Algorithm is much better now...PostProcessing of complex models shouldn't have problems anymore.

For other fixes, please read the release-notes in the application.

Beefi

Re: S3D-PostProcessor which adds new functions! Maths, If-else-Decisions, better surface, etc.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:18 pm

There is a new update (Version 0.6): S3D-PostProcessor

Bugfixes in Coasting-Function...

Beefi

Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:06 pm

There is a new update (Version 0.7): S3D-PostProcessor

Bugfixes in Coasting-Function (if you choose printing "Outside-In").

bangity

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:28 pm

Hello,

Do you have pictures of Pre and Post of this processor for comparison before I decide to implement on my models?

Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”