dennisjm

xml documentation

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:50 pm

I think the fixes in the auto configure system in 2.1.2 could really help me out (if they work...).

To date, I've created a separate profile for every different material I have and then again for combinations of different materials when I use two extruders.

I'd like to start experimenting more with creating just three profiles.
They'd be something like:
1) Right Extruder
2) Left Extruder
3) Both Extruders.

Then each profile could have all my materials available with the correct temperature and extruder settings.

Is there documentation for the xml format for all the settings I can set somewhere? I need to be able to set heated bed temperature at different set points, things like that but all the example profiles have is a globalBedTemperature.

dennisjm

Re: xml documentation

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:02 pm

Hm, as I played with this a bit, I think you can just put anything in the main body that you want to change inside the autoconfigurematerial section.

Unfortunately, It seems if you change any values in the UI and then export, it writes those values to the main body xml file but everything in the auto configure sections is lost.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to create a nice custom profile you use with multiple auto configure settings, you need to just go ahead and edit by hand. Never export over your profile unless you want to lose it all.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”