davorin

Atuo-Configure Material/Print Quality

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:11 am

Good morning

I am still confused what those submenues are influencing...

So for example, when I add a new material to a profile...which settings can I actually modify?
Just the extruder and temperature settings?

But it seems that the material density/cost don't belong to the material submenu, which seem wrong...

And what settings are modified for print quality submenu?
Just the infill and layer height?

Currently I have for each different setting a profile defined...which causes after a while a very long menue (o;

I guess vase mode needs a separate profile?

thanks for clarification
richard

ParzivalR

Re: Atuo-Configure Material/Print Quality

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:18 am

Hello!

Your question is similar to the one in this topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14688.

Automatic quality adjustments do not influence all profile parameters, only a few, such as layer height, fill, solid layers, etc. And the price of the material per kilogram and density is unique per profile (I consider that a price and density per material should be requested in Feature Requests). The materials submenu affects for example temperatures or fan settings.
From my point of view, it is best to create a different profile by material and important configuration (such as global offsets or First layer height)

Regards!

parallyze

Re: Atuo-Configure Material/Print Quality

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi,
ParzivalR wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:18 am
Automatic quality adjustments do not influence all profile parameters, only a few, such as layer height, fill, solid layers, etc. And the price of the material per kilogram and density is unique per profile (I consider that a price and density per material should be requested in Feature Requests). The materials submenu affects for example temperatures or fan settings.
From my point of view, it is best to create a different profile by material and important configuration (such as global offsets or First layer height)
this will probably be improved with v5 but if you really need to match some settings like filament price/density you can
always do so manually. Export the profile, add the properties inside the auto-sections(material/quality) and you're good to go.
fila_props.JPG

Note: Be careful when adding properties. One could set spiral/vase mode to enabled inside preset_A by adding:

Code: Select all

<spiralVaseMode>1</spiralVaseMode>
into a section. But when selecting another preset this won't be switched off again unless defined by adding:

Code: Select all

<spiralVaseMode>0</spiralVaseMode>

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”