joesoap583

Flashforge Creator 3

I'm thinking of buying a Flashforge Creator 3. Could anyone confirm whether this printer can be connected to S3D via USB? I know my Flashforge Adventurer 3 doeesn't support USB and can't be used via WiFi.

Thanks.
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.
acorchia

Re: Flashforge Creator 3

NO Flashforge Creator 3 is only connectable via Ethernet or Wify
And this software is not able to communicate with it !
You need to save on a USB stick and load again in printer.
Not easy
I would not recommend S3D for a creator 3
UnRealWoody

acorchia wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:12 pm NO Flashforge Creator 3 is only connectable via Ethernet or Wify
And this software is not able to communicate with it !
You need to save on a USB stick and load again in printer.
Not easy
I would not recommend S3D for a creator 3
I highly disagree. Both S3D and the creator 3 are made very easy to save and print from the USB stick. This also means that you even if you have connection issues, you wont have a failed print half way through. The creator 3 also saves everything directly onto its own harddrive, so from the moment you print starts, you are able to remove the USB stick and let it do its thing.
bostjanlaba

Hi,

I just bought S3D. It's really not practical you cannot send .g file to Creator 3 like flashprint can. So that's a minus. But I can use S3D to make .g and send .g with flashprint to printer.

My question is though, are there any good profiles for printing for S3D with flashforge? There's a gazillion options in S3D and I don't wanna go thru each and every one and test it. My main materials are PLA, PETG, ABS.

Thanks

Bostjan
UnRealWoody

bostjanlaba wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:53 pm Hi,

I just bought S3D. It's really not practical you cannot send .g file to Creator 3 like flashprint can. So that's a minus. But I can use S3D to make .g and send .g with flashprint to printer.

My question is though, are there any good profiles for printing for S3D with flashforge? There's a gazillion options in S3D and I don't wanna go thru each and every one and test it. My main materials are PLA, PETG, ABS.

Thanks

Bostjan
hey bostjan,

I could send you the profiles that i use for my creator 3. It is very well set up for my printer, but not sure if that would automatically transfer over to perfection on your printer. There are many small things that could be different with each printer and the way it is being used. For example, are you printing on the blue plastic sheet of the Creator 3 version 1, or do you have the magnetic bed? This would make a difference as to how flat the bed is. It is not as flat on the version 1 creator 3 for example. Or did you do like me and turn your table into a glass where you print on directly?
Is your printer actually properly calibrated for Z axis? (This caused me a bit of issues initially as i did not realize i forgot this calibration)

additionally, alot depends on what you expect of results of any print you are doing, which means these settings will change dependant on what you want to accomplish on that exact print. Those are things such as: Do you need it to be strong or not? What infil do you want inside? What type of infil? how many layer do you want on top and bottom? How many perimeters do you want? Do you want support?

There are so many options that the best thing you can do for yourself is to learn what each function does, and then see how your printer reacts it.
bostjanlaba

Hi,

thanks for all the info. I would appreciate profiles to try it out.

I have latest version Creator 3, with magnetic bed (but not on magnetic balls, it's now full flat magnetic surface). Generally I have no issue with flatness as anywhere I print on the bed, it's the same result.

Of course I understand profiles are basic and based on a project /model one is printing, some parameters need to be adjusted.

Bostjan
unco4ever

UnRealWoody wrote:
bostjanlaba wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:53 pm Hi,

Thanks

Bostjan
hey bostjan,

I could send you the profiles that i use for my creator 3. It is very well set up for my printer, but not sure if that would automatically transfer over to perfection on your printer. There are many small things that could be different with each printer and the way it is being used. For example, are you printing on the blue plastic sheet of the Creator 3 version 1, or do you have the magnetic bed? This would make a difference as to how flat the bed is. It is not as flat on the version 1 creator 3 for example. Or did you do like me and turn your table into a glass where you print on directly?
Is your printer actually properly calibrated for Z axis? (This caused me a bit of issues initially as i did not realize i forgot this calibration)

additionally, alot depends on what you expect of results of any print you are doing, which means these settings will change dependant on what you want to accomplish on that exact print. Those are things such as: Do you need it to be strong or not? What infil do you want inside? What type of infil? how many layer do you want on top and bottom? How many perimeters do you want? Do you want support?

There are so many options that the best thing you can do for yourself is to learn what each function does, and then see how your printer reacts it.
Hi UnRealWoody, may I get the creator 3 profile for PETG from you?
Monty3DP

Hi,

I would appreciate your creator 3 profile too.

Also, I'll be interested in your conversion to a glass bed. How can I contact you?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”