impulseboards

How to transfer a license to another person

Hi, I have sold my printer which comes with a Simplify3D license. Therefore, I want to transfer my license to this new printer owner.
I can't just change my profile settings cause I have another license on it. So, it seems to me that the only option is transfering.
Is it possible?
Thanks!
Alexandre
S3D-Chris

Re: How to transfer a license to another person

The End User License Agreement clearly outlines the options a user possesses or does not possess to transfer their license. You can find the EULA inside Simplify3D's About Simplify3D menu option. It's also displayed and agreed upon before the software finishes installation.

I believe the information you'd most want to focus on is in Section 3.
impulseboards

Also, Section 3 says that it is possible too: "Except for the use ;) expressly authorized ;) , You agree not to sell, transfer, license, modify, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, publish, or create derivative works from such materials or assist someone in performing such prohibited acts"

How can I get an authorization mentioned above?

Thank you again.
Alexandre
S3D-Chris

impulseboards wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:07 am Also, Section 3 says that it is possible too: "Except for the use expressly authorized, You agree not to sell, transfer, license, modify, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, publish, or create derivative works from such materials or assist someone in performing such prohibited acts"

How can I get an authorization mentioned above?

Thank you again.
Alexandre
Please contact our support team
impulseboards

Just to make everything clear to others who want to know the end of this discussion, I got the following very short answer by email:

"You do not have the consent of the company. This is intended for resellers of the software."

Thanks.
Alexandre

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”