ShawnJ

Recover Lost FFF

So long story short... a flood destroyed my laptop and i have lost all of my profiles... Printers were on an upper floor of the house so they are fine! (thank God!) I have a recent backup but realized fff are not included. ( though they will be from now on!)
I have a large collection of GCodes for my 4 printers is there a way to reverse engineer my profiles from those? I had several profiles for different types of prints and different materials from years of twerking to get them just right. :shock:

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
EchoAlpha

Re: Recover Lost FFF

Open the GCODE files in a text editor. There is a settings summary at the very beginning that should have most, it not all, the information you need. You can also get profiles directly out of the Factory Files if you have any of those saved to save yourself the hassle of manually typing in all the setting.
horst.w

Import the GCode-Files as "FFF-" , than you can store all informations with "Save Factory-file as ... " into a own folder system.

Good luck!

horst.w
GER
ShawnJ

Thanks ill try that!
horst.w

a litle bit more precise:

the menue point Import FFF-File will accept the format of gcode- files with the extension ".gcode" as well as a .fff - files.

Horst.w

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”