g6mrfixit

Multiple family members on one computer

Can multiple family members (using their own computer profiles) use the same license if they are all on the same computer, or do I need to buy multiple licenses?
S3D-Chris

Re: Multiple family members on one computer

Installation: The software can be installed on up to 2 computers that you personally own and use.

Usage: You can use the software on 1 computer at a time.

For example, if you had a laptop and a desktop, you could install the software in both locations, but you should only use the software in 1 location at a time.

Please note: Simplify3D licenses are sold as individual user licenses. A single user license should never be shared by multiple individuals.
g6mrfixit

That doesn't really answer my question. I have one computer with multiple user profiles on that one computer. Are the licenses per computer or per user profile?
S3D-Jake

A Simplify3D license is an agreement between Simplify3D and the individual defined as the licensee. The license to the software is only to be accessed by the licensee. Usage by that licensee is defined in the post quoted below.
S3D-Chris wrote: Installation: The software can be installed on up to 2 computers that you personally own and use.

Usage: You can use the software on 1 computer at a time.

For example, if you had a laptop and a desktop, you could install the software in both locations, but you should only use the software in 1 location at a time.

Please note: Simplify3D licenses are sold as individual user licenses. A single user license should never be shared by multiple individuals.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Omikron

g6mrfixit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:53 am That doesn't really answer my question. I have one computer with multiple user profiles on that one computer. Are the licenses per computer or per user profile?
S3D is dancing around your question because technically, the license agreement is written such that *you* are the authorized user of the software, regardless of who is logged in.

From a functionality perspective, if you install the software for "All Users" on the system it should work for any given user profile, but if someone else in your household uses the software you would potentially be in legal breach of the license agreement.

That said, it is does seem like it would be in poor taste for S3D to go after personal-use licensees living in a shared household over stuff like this. Other than it being very impractical, it would be horrendous PR.

What S3D is trying to prevent, and I think is reasonable, is business and commercial users installing the software on a shared system for a bunch of other employees to use.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”