SimplyPrint

Modify Print Direction over "thin air" (aka Bridging)

Hi all,
sorry if this question has been posted before, but I am new to S3D - I would be happy if someone can point me to the relevant article if it should already been answered.
So here I go: I have an object with holes in it and I would like it to be printed without supports - so far so good. But now, if I look in preview mode it turns out that the "closing layer" (sorry, I don'n know how to describe it otherwise) will be printed in thin air, so that the hot filament would fall down. I have made a picture to show you what I mean:
Screenshot.png
this would not lead to a good result... I now want to change the nozzle direction to move the shortest way from one side to the other. I know that I can change the line direction itself (somewhere...) but I have the same situation on the other side of the object where the hole is 90 degrees from this one...

Is there an option to change the line direction only for this position?

TIA,
Mike
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-10-02 08-12-19.png
S3D-Jake

Re: Modify Print Direction over "thin air" (aka Bridging)

It looks like the area in question is not being seen as a Bridge. The feature type highlighting would show as yellow if it were.

You may need to lower the bridging area threshold until this gets detected as a bridge. You can use bridging inflation distance to add more area that gets tacked down on each side of the bridge so it's more likely to stick down.

More on bridging settings here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2363
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
SimplyPrint

Re: Modify Print Direction over "thin air" (aka Bridging)

Hi Jake,

Thank you so much for your reply. Found the setting - reduced it from 50 to 10 and it worked!

Much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”