theevl

Sequential multi process workflow

Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi S3D,

I am just starting to learn about sequential printing of multiple parts.
Right now, I am importing a single model, duplicating it several times, and spacing out the individual pieces for proper clearance.

In my simplest use case, I use the same process settings for each piece.
I have ten pieces, so I need to have ten duplicate processes.

When I add a new process, I have to un-select all but one of the pieces, and then do this nine more times.

Is there an easier way to spawn a new process automatically when I spawn a duplicate? or set up a template that would let me make a layout and then swap out models afterward?

Each time I want to print a new design, I would have to do this whole "muscle macro" again.

Thanks for any suggestions

sarahk99

Re: Sequential multi process workflow

Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:53 pm

Hi S3D,

I am just starting to learn about sequential printing of multiple parts.
Right now, I am importing a single model, duplicating it several times, and spacing out the individual pieces for proper clearance.

In my simplest use case, I use the same process settings for each piece.
I have ten pieces, so I need to have ten duplicate processes.

When I add a new process, I have to un-select all but one of the pieces, and then do this nine more times.

Is there an easier way to spawn a new process automatically when I spawn a duplicate? or set up a template that would let me make a layout and then swap out models afterward?

Each time I want to print a new design, I would have to do this whole "muscle macro" again.

Thanks for any suggestions
Unfortunately, not
but I'm would gladly hear other opinion because this is driving me crazy too!
Last edited by sarahk99 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

airscapes

Re: Sequential multi process workflow

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:31 pm

I find when doing multiple sequential that require precise placement so they don't not get knocked over, I just keep importing the part one at a time, place it and add a process for it, rather than making 10 copies of the first model. Yes, fixing the model selection is still required but simpler you know your new model is the last in the list..

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”