rajman

Re: Malyan M180 3D Desktop printer ?

The secret to the malyan 180:
1. load the software onto your computer from the malyan website after reseting preferences to full erase on printer.
2. open the replicator software.
3. (very Important) pick the malyan driver from the "Machine/Other" dropdown menu.
4. go to Gcode dropdown menu and choose "edit slicing profiles" and delete all profiles except malyan profile.
5. make as many different renamed duplicates as you want for as many different profiles as you want to create.
6. print with the profile that works best for your filament, nozzle (left or right), nozzle temp and bed temp

I learned this by corrupting my software and having to re install several times before only editing duplicates of the Malyan profile.

Every thing works perfect if you follow these instructions using the downloaded replicator software from malyansys website and keep the original profile unedited.

I hope this helps.
Akura2

I got a Malyan M180 for Christmas last year and I just hooked it up to start printing with it, but I'm having issues getting it to start,,, I'm using an iMac 27-inch, I tried using USB, but my computer won't recognize that the printer is plugged in.., so I've tried to print with SD card... I'm using Makerbot software with a modded code specifically for the M180, because I tried using Cura and it didn't work, but even with Makerbot it's doing the same thing

I out in the SD card, scroll to the file I want to print, the printer bed moves up the Z axis until it almost touches the print head, then the print bed drops, and the extruder moves to the front left corner and then the printer just stops... the timer continues, but the printer does nothing from the point... I'm uploading a video now to YouTube...

Please help!!!!! Thanks!!
CompoundCarl

You need to make sure to disable the makerbot background service. Otherwise, that won't allow any other programs to connect to your printer.
srlake314

http://mpselectmini.com/start

Great start for this printer. I have the MP Select Mini printer, from Monoprice. It is from Malayan and it seems pretty good. The greatest asset is the assistance out there. They also have a great FB group of owners so, check that one out. Great help.
Akura2

srlake314 wrote:http://mpselectmini.com/start

Great start for this printer. I have the MP Select Mini printer, from Monoprice. It is from Malayan and it seems pretty good. The greatest asset is the assistance out there. They also have a great FB group of owners so, check that one out. Great help.
Thanks.. I'm in that group already and they have been a big help...

I have a question about S3D... is there a simple way of laying a part flat in the software? When I import some parts into the software, I have to turn the part around and make fine adjustments to get it to be flat... there should be a way that if you can get close enough to flat that the software just lays the object as flat as possible... you can do that in Cura, you should be able to do it in S3D
CompoundCarl

Akura2 wrote:is there a simple way of laying a part flat in the software? When I import some parts into the software, I have to turn the part around and make fine adjustments to get it to be flat... there should be a way that if you can get close enough to flat that the software just lays the object as flat as possible
You should watch some of their online video tutorials. They cover a lot of topics including this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJi4_ScDLtE
sns

Hi there,

What is the latest stable firmware for the M180?

The one on wiki page seems to be 7.6 version, when queried by ReplicatorG, but shows 8.1.8 when queried via LCD display. A bit confused.

Thanks in advance!
mertseger

Hi
I have problem with fan. If I want to turn them off (1 layer 0) they work all the time on 100%. What could be wrong, how to stop them?
sns

mertseger wrote:Hi
I have problem with fan. If I want to turn them off (1 layer 0) they work all the time on 100%. What could be wrong, how to stop them?
Hi, which fans do You mention? Those installed by default? Those could not be turned off - they cool down extrusion mechanism and what they do will not affect first layer stickness.
CompoundCarl

Sounds like the extruder fan. That's controlled by the firmware. If you have a second cooling fan, you can control that with the software

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”