WilsonEvans

First layer height depending on Print Quality setting?

Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:48 am

Currently, for my printer profile in Simplify3D, I have 3 "Auto-Configure for Print Quality" sub-profile (that we can choose at the right of the material:
- Fast (with layer height of 0.3mm)
- Medium (with layer height of 0.2mm)
- High (with layer height of 0.3mm)

The parameter which varied with the "Print Qualatity" are :
- Layer height
- Top solid layers
- Bottom solid layers
- Skirt layer
- Infill percentage

- Support infil percentage

I would like to make the First layer height a parameter that can varied with the print quality. By exemple, for the medium quality, a layer height of 100% and for the high quality 200% (for the same man profile) : is there a way to do that ?
Currently, if I change the layer height on high quality, the parameter is also passed in medium and fast quality.

Thanks

S3D-Jake

Re: First layer height depending on Print Quality setting?

Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:45 pm

This post describes in detail how to change which settings are linked to material or quality presets.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5977&p=25950#p25947

Let me know if you run into any issues.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Treaswalker

Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:04 am

WilsonEvans wrote:
Currently, for my printer profile in Simplify3D, I have 3 "Auto-Configure for Print Quality" sub-profile (that we can choose at the right of the material:

- Layer height
- Top solid layers
- Bottom solid layers
- Skirt layer
- Infill percentagefmwhatsapp

I would like to make the First layer height a parameter that can varied with the print quality. By exemple, for the medium quality, a layer height of 100% and for the high quality 200% (for the same man profile) : is there a way to do that ?
Currently, if I change the layer height on high quality, the parameter is also passed in medium and fast quality.

Thanks
Hi,
I am newbie here and I think I am not the only one who is ran into this issue and looking for solution if you have found something helpful so please can share it here with me. So I can solve my issue.

julierajput12

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:18 am

WilsonEvans wrote:

- Layer height
- Top solid layers
- Bottom solid layers
- Skirt layer
- Infill percentage

Thanks
:ugeek: The first layer height can be the same as the whole printing model however you can set different sizes and speeds; it is recommended that layer height should be 75 % or less than nozzle diameter, this means that for a nozzle of 0.4 mm the max height is 0.3 mm (if you are a master you can use higher dimensions)

The first layer with a height of 0.3 mm with a speed of 70 mm/s will have less adhesion than printing at 50 mm/s. Also the same height and speed of 70 mm/s at 210 °C will have more adhesion than at 195 °C. So printing at 195 °C with speed of 50 mm/s could have the same adhesion than 70 mm/s at 210 °C. This depends on the quality of your PLA

On my prints I have set the prints at 195 °C and 55 mm/s with a height of 0.20 mm, then the whole print uses the same temperature at 85 mm/s with 0.25 mm of layer height. With other PLA quality I have to set 210 °C first layer at 50 mm/s, and other layers at 200 °C with 70 mm/s. So adjustments are based temperature and speed once you have determined the smoothness of your prints

immortalGoku1452

Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:52 pm

WilsonEvans wrote:

- Layer height
- Top solid layers
- Bottom solid layers
- Skirt layer
- Infill percentage

Thanks
Well I was also struggling to know about this. Would love to know more about thisGBWhatsApp APK

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”