Krupa

S3D with Flashforge Creator Pro 2?

Hello, guys!
I've recently got a Creator Pro 2 and it seems to be an overall great printer, but the default FlashPrint software is quite dull. I'm pretty sure one can get more out of that printer with an advanced slicer.
So, the question is:
Has anybody experience with setting up Creator Pro 2 on S3D?
I've found a topic where somebody said that the S3D team can send a ready profile on demand.
But I also figured out that there's an issue with the .gx files that are used by Creator Pro 2. Something about that you can convert standard g-formats into .gx by some editing of the file.

So, can somebody share the actual experience please? Or at least say if it's possible to use S3D with Creator Pro 2 at all.

Thanks!
S3D-Jake

Re: S3D with Flashforge Creator Pro 2?

The Creator Pro 2 will accept .GX or .Gcode filetypes. Simplify3D produces .GCode when you utilize the Simplify3D FlashForge Creator Pro 2 profile.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
unholychicken

Hi,

Same problem for me (and everyone with this printer). There is no entry for the 'flashforge creator 2 pro' in the the S3D profile list

Cheers
Jake
S3D-Mitch

Please contact our support team at support@simplify3d.com and they will send you a profile to try
Booner99

Is there a profile for the creator pro 2 IDEX?
Menno-Dutch

Is there a file available yet for Flashforge Pro 2 ? I have tried everything but no succes at all and i browsed all community posts but i doesn't look like there is a solution as no clear answer has been given.

Please assist
S3D-Mitch

We have been working on a profile for the Creator Pro 2. Contact our support team for a copy of this profile at https://www.simplify3d.com/contact
Ivorness

I recently replaced my flashforge creator pro with the flashforge creator pro 2 (Idex). Here my experience using Simpify as my beloved slicer software:

Pro:
Simplify has sent me the profile requested by mail within 24 hours
While flashprint screwed the support on a complex print, simplify did a great job
Usability and the feature for a single print are still extremely well

Con:
Flashforge seems updating their firmware still (simplify recommends a certain version)
Simplify informed me about issues (being experimental), when it comes to mirror/duplex (and I couldn't get the printer work properly in this mode with Simplify
Flashprint has developed quite a bit, since my last use (years ago).

While I love simplify and the team does a great job, I currently use simplify for single prints, but flashprint, if I need the mirror/duplicate mode. I hope, the profile will make it beyond the experimental mode and respective mode of an IDEX printer will be added, since with the current profile it is a bit a guesstimate to get the settings right.

btw: I'm extremely happy with the Creator Pro 2.
wifibum

Almost a year later, what's the status?
S3D-Jason

We have added support for the FlashForge Creator Pro 2 in our latest V5 software. If you don't see the profile in your program, please make sure to update to the latest V5.1.2 release.

We actually have the same FF Creator Pro 2 in our office, and we have used it quite extensively with the new V5 software, so we expect it will work quite well.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”