RandyHarris

how to get higher infill in middle of print

Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:31 am

I am trying to accomplish a process where the middle of my print is a lot stronger than the other part. If you look at this picture I am trying to do something similar (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zhTVpmk297U/maxresdefault.jpg)

The other part of the print I want my infill to be about 30% and as it gets close to where the nut is I want that infill to be 100%. I know how to do the process changes for levels but have never done it for something like this where you need just the middle and about 4-5mm from the middle to be at a higher infill, this way the nut will have a stronger core.

This picture is just an example to get my point across, the actual print is going to be about 300mm with the nut in the middle. I am not going to print that entire piece at 100% just to get a stronger middle.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks

billyd

Re: how to get higher infill in middle of print

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:25 pm

Use multiple processes, in this case three. On one of the tabs there is a "start printing at", and a "stop printing at". Specify where you want each process to start and stop. Then design each process as you want it to print. So in the middle process you set a much higher infill, and the beginning and ending processes use a lower infill. Use the print preview to make sure the processes start and stop as expected.

tonyno

Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 pm

They mean lateral "middle".

Maybe add a few shapes inside your part and make them solid (or high infill) with a per-model process?

You could also just use more perimeters.

billyd

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Sorry read it too quickly.

You could make two solid models that touch each other (or just barely don't so S3D doesn't read it as one solid when it slices it), and then assign a different process to each.

RandyHarris

Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Appreciate the responses, that is going to be a lot of processes from the bottom to the top.

Thanks again..

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”