jaymcd

Profiles not changing printer preferences and missing online configs

I use S3D for a couple of printers. It has been pretty much flawless up until recently. Now when I change profiles to one that is attached to a different printer, it doesn't always change the settings to that printer. It seems to load all the material settings, etc, but keeps things like printer size and hotbed type of the previous printer. It caused some issues when I didn't notice what was happening. The other odd thing I have noticed is that if I go to add a new printer with the configuration wizard, there have been a number of times that it could find the selected profile - "unable to retrieve available profiles from Server. ( i.e. Ender 3 Pro ) This happens in Windows, Mac and Linux.

I had migrated my Windows install from another system but have since uninstalled completely, reinstalled, and recreated or imported previously saved profiles.Still have odd time when it does this and I have to reenter the proper printer config.

Not sure how to fix this if completely uninstalling didn't seem to work.
S3D-Jake

Re: Profiles not changing printer preferences and missing online configs

There are two separate issues mentioned here. For the profiles you are unable to download from our servers please contact our support team directly. (https://www.simplify3d.com/contact)

For the machine's physical statistics not updating there is a toggle in the G-Code tab of your profile's settings. This toggle is labeled "Update Machine Definition. The settings in the shaded box below this toggle all will be updated when this toggle is checked. If this toggle is not checked, these settings will not be updated when switching to that profile. I'd suggest updating all of your profiles to have this box checked and to verify that the settings entered there are correct for each of them.
UpdateMachineDefinition.png
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”