bobp376

Wall Print Order - Inside-Out Inconsistent

Hello,

I am using the 'Inside-Out' wall print order and it does not follow this rule consistently. It will run Inside out on the first 10 or so layers when the base is wide but then starts printing on the outside corner when it reaches the wall. I have tried the Optimize Start Point, Random, and Choosing start point coordinates. I have come to conclusion it is possibly that S3D sees my part as being 1 exterior wall.... I am thinking this because the main walls are one line in and out rather than 2 walls each. My issue is that this is causing print defects on the outside finish of my part. How can I designate where it starts printing better? Do you all agree with my thought behind the issue? I think a solution to this is to possibly designate the 'Inner Wall' some way in S3D on the object but I do not see how to do that. Maybe a new feature that is needed? Has anyone else run into this issue?

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
zemlin

Re: Wall Print Order - Inside-Out Inconsistent

Please share your factory file. Without seeing the part and how you have it set up, not much to offer.
bobp376

Re: Wall Print Order - Inside-Out Inconsistent

I have attached the FFFF file and two pictures to show the good and bad areas of the print.
Attachments
Good Side (2).jpg
Bad seam (2).jpg
Modix Big-60 Dual V3 1.2 PetPet WIDE Bottom.fff
(15.56 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”