maker2

question about Profiles

I've been using S3d for many years and still have no idea what happens to my settings!

Have a saved factory file in which I do all my work. Have create a profile called "ABS Railcore" which is saved and contains, amongst other things, my latest Start and End Scripts.

Just tried creating a new Factory File / Workspace and when I go to select "ABS Railcore" from the list of profiles the only profile I can find is called "ABS Railcore (Modified)" and does not contain the latest Start and End Scripts. Why is that? If "ABS Railcore" has been updated to the latest version then why does it appear as (Modified) in a new workspace and not contain the latest version?!! Fully admit none of this has ever made any sense to me which is why I stick to just one workspace.
dkightley

Re: question about Profiles

Load up your saved factory file that has your developed profile within it. Note I said "within it".....I'll come back to this in a sec!

View the profile you are wanting to use in the new factory file.....and within the settings tab, save the profile by clicking on the "Update Profile" button.....now, the settings for the profile you want have now been updated in the store of profiles held by S3D.

Now load your new factory file.....and the load the profile by clicking the Add button below the process list and select the profile you want from the Select Profile dropdown. Now save the factory file

Job done....as you have:
1) Copied the profile you want from the first factory file to the list of settings that S3D holds, updating the copy that was already there
2) loaded the newly saved profile into your new factory file
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
maker2

Re: question about Profiles

It works!

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”