Anok

Problems with bonding of outline shells with eachother

Hello,

I am using flexible filament (ninjaflex) for printing. Recently I have encountered troubles with bonding of outline shells and infill. The print is perfect when completed but the shells are not bonding to each other properly (attached pcitures). I use number of shells of 3 and also tried with 2, but in both cases outline shells are not sticking to each other. I have read in a forum that I need to increase the extrusion multiplier but the printer company I work on asked me not to change it since it is optimized to the extrusion multiplier that they provided. Shells are sticking properly in vertical (layer wise) direction.
I tried reducing the printing speed but no luck yet. Does anyone has experienced the same and found a solution? Thank you.
1.jpg
philakapd

Re: Problems with bonding of outline shells with eachother

I had the same problem with PETG and PLA+.
The problem worsens as the Z axis gets taller.
I believe your extrusion is cooling too fast and unable to "stick" to the previous outline layer.
I slowed the travel speed 10%, increased the extruder temp a few degrees and lowered the fan speed a bit. I had to increase retraction 10% as well to keep the blobs and strings away. You could also raise the bed temp a bit to help keep the layers warmer. Ambient temperature is also a factor.

Run a few small test prints. It took me about 10 attempts to get good results but It's still a work in progress for optimal performance. If you like the print you have, try using some CA or Epoxy resin compatible with your parts. Maybe you can salvage your creation?!

Good luck!

PD

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”