bs32

Dead Project?

I'm wondering, it's been quite some time since 5.0 was announced. Is this now a dead project? Also, are there no more updates for 4.1? There is no date stamp on the release date, but this is becoming frustrating. I only use my s3d for viewing gcode produced by another slicer. I used to LOVE S3d and would tell everyone it was the best.
newbpwnr

Re: Dead Project?

well. It's been over 2 years since any updates at this point. I would say yes you are right. But they are still happy to take your $
hebendj

Re: Dead Project?

There are a few threads out here talking about how this is a dead project, and not to expect anything new. I totally agree, but if they did come out with something new, I would definitely give it a try, especially is they offered a trial version. Simplify3D knows they cannot bring something to the table lacking the features to make it a competitive product.

For now though, I consider this forum with all the posts about Simplify3D being dead, kind of a support group. I come hear for support, whenever I think about how I wish there was a new version. Kind of like grieving over the death of a loved one, and just needing the support and to talk to someone.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”