Harlantk

2D Question

Hello: I am new to all of this 3D stuff, learning a lot and before I part with moneys, I have a simple question!
I am a 2D person, all my CAD has been 2D, I have been trying out 3D packages and finding that "Some" have 2D capability within them.
I have searched, read and looked for whether Simplify3D has a 2D part to it. Since I am taking my 2D drawings and extrapolating them into the 3D world, is this possible with Simplify3D. OR! Do I have to import my dxf or such into Simplify? I have several high quality 2D cad programs and before I chuck the bucks on this program, I would like to know about this.
Thank you in advance, I look forward to your responses.

Tim
S3D-Jake

Re: 2D Question

Hi Tim!

You will need to use your CAD package to turn your 2D drawing file into a 3D model. Simplify3D's supported file types can be found in the support article linked below.

Working with File Types: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/arti ... ile-types/
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Harlantk

Re: 2D Question

Thank you to S3D-Jake for your response.
I have learned since posting that I was misdirected about Simplify3d in I was looking for 3D cad programs and not necessarily another Slicer, and Simplify3d is a slicer, not a cad program. So in fact question is moot for what I am looking for.
Thank you for the response

Tim

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”