cbarry

RE: We're hiring!

Best of luck finding the folks you need local to Cincinatti, OH.

Have you considered opening up your requirements to include remote workers? For stuff like software engineering, you'll seriously expand your pool of great workers literally Worldwide. Demand results, and continuously shed dead weight. You'll build a great team that works because they love it, not because they just need a gig, and they live nearby in OH. If Covid showed us anything, it's that the remote worker model can definitely work, and it works well when you incorporate things like slack and google meet into standups and meetings. Plus, have all hands meetings once a quarter or so where everyone gets together and has fun and socializes and plans new bold ideas. I know it can seem scary and that you don't have control over what people are doing all day, but the results will speak for themselves. Try it! You can always go back to not doing it...

Just some ideas, because you guys are _way_ behind on getting that next release even close to going ot the door, and I am really excited to see what you come up with next.
gwhite

Re: RE: We're hiring!

Do you realize that the post you are commenting about is from 6 years ago?
dkightley

This highlights the one ( and for me, the most important ) difference between social medai such as Facebook and discussion forums.

Everything on the front page, or within today's patience level for scrolling, on social media is no more tha a few hours to a few days old.....whereas discussion forum order posts by subject and priority ahead of date, and posts that appear on the front page can be several days or weeks old...and in the case of what's happened here, up to six years old.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
tenaja

It actually looks like he created a whole new post...presumably to mock the release of 5.0...rather than replied to a post on the front page. (There is no "we are hiring" as the first post in this thread!)
cbarry

<wink>
It's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since an update. Remember with 5.x was 'right around the corner'?
Don't get me wrong, I really love S3D. It has so many great points, and the people who wrote it deserve kudos. But whether it is management, or just competing in a market with tons of free options, they _seems_ like they're just milking this cow to death.

It is great still, but it's got some warts that really need removal. I can enumerate them, but... will it matter? Sadly, soon their lunch will be eaten if they do not step it up.

--
Losing Faith
Printville, USA
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the suggestions! While the post in reference was 6 years old, it is still relevant. We are hiring!

I imagine there have already been numerous discussions surrounding this topic between HR and management. I'll be reiterating to our HR team that our user community has expressed interest in remote workers being considered for hiring.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”