JPU

Licence help - Can I run two PCs

Hi - Can I purchase 1 licence and use it on my home PC and office PC. I often work at home to develop prototypes but then make adjustments to the designs at work. This means I need access to to simplify 3D at two locations. Is there a way to-do this with one licence?

Thank you
XoTT@6bI4

Re: Licence help - Can I run two PCs

Are you sure you want to buy a program that hasn't been updated for 3 years?
As far as I know, the License prohibits doing this.
dkightley

The answer to the question from the Support FAQs:
How many computers can I install the software on? What if I have multiple computers?
Installation: The software can be installed on up to 2 computers that you personally own and use.

Usage: You can use the software on 1 computer at a time.

For example, if you had a laptop and a desktop, you could install the software in both locations, but you should only use the software in 1 location at a time.

Please note: Simplify3D licenses are sold as individual user licenses. A single user license should never be shared by multiple individuals.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
kb0nly

XoTT@6bI4 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:03 am Are you sure you want to buy a program that hasn't been updated for 3 years?
Why not, still the best software out there for multiple printer support. I tried the free ones, they all suck to some degree.
tenaja

kb0nly wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:49 pm
XoTT@6bI4 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:03 am Are you sure you want to buy a program that hasn't been updated for 3 years?
Why not, still the best software out there for multiple printer support. I tried the free ones, they all suck to some degree.
"To some degree..." is the big caveat. Using that metric, now S3d sucks--for instance, if you want to iron your part, s3d sucks.

Every slicer has compromises. S3d still has the best interface, but has fallen behind in capability. When I want my parts to look their best, I can tolerate an accordian interface.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”