hijackgmh

Initial Settings

I have been using S3D for about a year now and really like it. However, I'm still not using it as effectively as I think I could be.

I need help with is learning a good work flow. Currently, when I load a model for slicing, I seem to have all the previous setting changes I made from my last model? I don't really have any idea if there is a way to start from a known settings profile, then deviate for the next models specific needs?

Would appreciate some thoughts or a point-out to a tutorial/article/lesson that would point me in the right direction.

Mike
airscapes

Re: Initial Settings

Never had much luck with the software's profiles. I save factory files which includes all settings and the model
I just open a file with similar part, nozzle size and filament and make whatever minor speed changes for the particular new model . Very little changes if the nozzle size and filament type do not change.
S3D-Mitch

It sounds like you are looking for something similar to: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/vide ... -profiles/
hijackgmh

Thanks for the help! I think proper use of Profiles is the likely answer and I appreciate the point out.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”