ashleywebster

Re: 2.2 Release Discussion Thread!

Something seems to have broken in the export / import support feature. I can import old support definitions, but if I now export new supports and then import, nothing happens. Anyone else finding this?
bigfella

Thanks for the new features. But I am very disappointed still no real good support for dual extruders. We really need an inclusion of a wipe tower or Ooze shield. I still need to go back to using Cura to do my dual extruder prints :cry:
Nicolinux

Hi,

do you finally support Ultigcode for the Ultimaker 2?

thx,
Stefan
JoeJ

@bigfella - they did a lot of improvements in this release that make it wayy easier to add an ooze shield or a wipe tower. For example, because of all the stuff they improved, you can now go to the Additions tab and create an ooze shield by turning on the skirt with 1 outline and 99999 layers tall (just makes it print for the entire height of the model). That does a great job at catching extra filament oozing out of the nozzles before they hit the part. I heard you can also add prime pillars really easily, but I haven't found that option yet. Maybe I will start another thread on it...

@Nico - Because S3D already controls everything like extrusion, retraction, speed, etc, all of these things are included in their gcode files. So when you run it on the UM2, you just click OK to accept the slicer's settings for these things. This is nice for me because then I can adjust all of the my settings through the software and I don't have to bother with tweaking firmware settings that are overriding my gcode
Nicolinux

@JoeJ: It depends on your preference. I want to take advantage of the built-in startup procedure for the Ultimaker 2. For me this is more important than tweaking parameters through the printer interface (usually there is only one interesting setting anyway and that's temperature).
camstuff

Having trouble trying importing a file just crashes and will not import at all - I can open the file and it will load but can not add anything else - running Mac OS version.
jimc

I am running it in osx as well and have had atleast 30 models in and out and have not had a problem....yet. I would post another thread in the bug reports section on this and include some more detailed info. If it does it consistantly maybe include the file your having trouble with and step by step what your doing so some else can reproduce the problem. If it cant be duplicated then no one can help or correct it.
jimc

Concerning the thin wall fill....anyone thats used it, can you see whats going on in the preview or does the preview just look the same and the results are just in the print?
KeyboardWarrior

jimc wrote:Concerning the thin wall fill....anyone thats used it, can you see whats going on in the preview or does the preview just look the same and the results are just in the print?
You can definitely see it in the G-Code previewer

Thin Wall Features disabled
ThinWallFeaturesDisabled.jpg
Thin Wall Feature at the default 10%. Will work for even thinner walls if you increase this percentage!
ThinWallFeaturesEnabled.jpg
jimc

Ahh i see, so it just looks like infill. I guess thats where i was confused. I guess i was expecting to see straight lines like perimeters buy fatter. Ill have to pay attention now and chrck it out later. Thanks kw

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”