jimc

Re: 2.2 Release Discussion Thread!

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:02 pm

ahhhh, something is up and the feature is not being activated for me. i loaded up a model with thin walls and no matter what % i have that feature on it still leaves a gap. i have tried all the way up to the max 50%. i can even reduce my extrusion width down to make the gap bigger to where its clearly larger than one line width and still nothing. not sure whats going on there.
Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 11.51.56 AM.png

camstuff

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:19 pm

jimc wrote:I am running it in osx as well and have had atleast 30 models in and out and have not had a problem....yet. I would post another thread in the bug reports section on this and include some more detailed info. If it does it consistantly maybe include the file your having trouble with and step by step what your doing so some else can reproduce the problem. If it cant be duplicated then no one can help or correct it.
OK good to know - its simple… open S3D, click import, pick .stl file, click select… crash.

I have unistalled it 3 times - only way I can get a model in is to have S3D closed select stl and double click… opens S3D and drops it in. But can not add anything else just crashes.

habloIngles

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:25 pm

jimc wrote:ahhhh, something is up and the feature is not being activated for me. i loaded up a model with thin walls and no matter what % i have that feature on it still leaves a gap. i have tried all the way up to the max 50%. i can even reduce my extrusion width down to make the gap bigger to where its clearly larger than one line width and still nothing. not sure whats going on there.
Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 11.51.56 AM.png
keep the gap fill to 50%, but also increase your outline overlap to something like 50% as well

jimc

Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Cam, i have not tried the actual import command. Il try that tonight to confirm. Just drag and drop the model in.

dennisjm

Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Added the ability to modify the top and bottom outer solid layer speed to improve surface finish
Where is this setting? Seems very useful but I'm not seeing it. I probably just am overlooking because it's named differently or something.

dennisjm

Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:36 pm

dennisjm wrote:
Added the ability to modify the top and bottom outer solid layer speed to improve surface finish
Where is this setting? Seems very useful but I'm not seeing it. I probably just am overlooking because it's named differently or something.
Solid Infill Underspeed? Perhaps that's it.

jimc

Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Yes thats it. Hover over it and it will give you the description.

soa

something broken with z stepping on makerbot rep 2

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:13 pm

I don't know what's going on, but models that slice/print fine with 2.1.2 begin to get jammed up and gummy on the Z axis only a few layers in using all the same settings, etc in 2.2.0 ... I'm not sure if it's a stepping problem or what. All settings look identical. Perhaps the new MB 5th gen support broke the Rep 2s. Too bad I can't use this release. It looks very promising.

edit ... it's also crashing a LOT when I duplicate parts

habloIngles

Re: something broken with z stepping on makerbot rep 2

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:03 pm

soa wrote:I don't know what's going on, but models that slice/print fine with 2.1.2 begin to get jammed up and gummy on the Z axis only a few layers in using all the same settings, etc in 2.2.0 ... I'm not sure if it's a stepping problem or what. All settings look identical. Perhaps the new MB 5th gen support broke the Rep 2s. Too bad I can't use this release. It looks very promising.

edit ... it's also crashing a LOT when I duplicate parts
Have any example files I could try on my Rep 2? So far everything I've printed on this release has come out fine

soa

Re: something broken with z stepping on makerbot rep 2

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:05 pm

habloIngles wrote:Have any example files I could try on my Rep 2? So far everything I've printed on this release has come out fine
I'm about to head out of town. But I will send a couple when I return this weekend.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”