Simplify3D
Site Admin

Coming Soon...

Here's a sneak peek at one of the new features we have coming in version 1.1.3
jogPanel.png
jogPanel.png (27.95 KiB) Viewed 4721 times
An updated jog panel has been one of our most requested changes, so we're happy to make it available to everyone!
Earsmith

Re: Coming Soon...

Like it.
dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Simplify3D wrote:Here's a sneak peek at one of the new features we have coming in version 1.1.3

An updated jog panel has been one of our most requested changes, so we're happy to make it available to everyone!
I like it, too. Just have a couple questions:

1. +Z motion on the M2 is the build platform moving downward (not the extruder moving up). Is the panel configurable so that each axis can be swapped + and - on the screen for how the 3D printer at hand "moves" from the user's point of view? Can X and Y be swapped if that's how the printer "looks" to the user? (I don't know of any that do --- I'm just sayin'.)

2. Can I configure the values of the move increments? I'm not sure when I would feed 100 mm of filament in one click --- I might like 1, 5, 10 and 20 for feed, but keep 100 for retract for removing filament for changing to a new roll, for example.

But it looks great! A vast improvement over selecting (or not!) the desired axis with a radio button. The "knob" would've been nice if you could actually make the printer follow the knob without the jerks involved in sending discrete commands that start and end at zero speed.

Thanks!
Dale
dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Hey, Clayton!

I think I saw somewhere that you guys figured out how to find and remove the little "random blob problem" moves from the geometry. With that and the improved jog panel, I CANNOT WAIT for 1.1.3 to be released. Please tell me it will be before 30 May 2013........

I went back to the default M2 PLA profile, switched to high quality, set the temperature to 195, bed to 65 (for MG black PLA), and tweaked the skirt spacing and number of skirt threads, and I'm getting some AWESOME prints. Check the attached picture. If you get rid of the RBP, this part will be very impressive to its intended owner. I've attached the STL as well.

Drawn in OpenSCAD. It's an LP (vinyl) cleaner, minus the little fiber pad that goes on the rounded-flat surface (the far side, just past the nozzle in the photograph). The cylinder is the handle, and the hole in the cylinder is for the little bottle of "magic" vinyl cleaning fluid. If you remember the "discwasher" product from ca. 1978, that's how it will be used.

Anyway, CAN'T WAIT for 1.1.3! Keep up the GREAT work!

Dale

p.s.: And if you can improve the Linux installer to prompt for super-user rights and create the desktop shortcut well on Mint 13 LTS 64-bit, even better!!!
Attachments
Short Disc Washer for Tim.stl
(122.33 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
DCP_1447.JPG
DCP_1447.JPG (309.91 KiB) Viewed 4672 times
slipshine

dalew8abz -

You really don't want to switch the axis movements. Try not to look at what is actually moving. Try to think of every move as if you were the extruder tip. When you press z+ the tip will move further above the build platform. You actually have the same issue with the Y-Axis on the M2.

Basically "Be the extruder"
justine

YES. This is exactly the kind of interface I've been wishing for. Given the current UI I still prefer to use Pronterface when leveling etc. With this UI I will be able to delete Pronterface completely. Thank you.

~Justine

(first post by the way)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”