inventabuild

Re: Tip of the Day 8- Scripts tab, G-Code

Is there a (next_Z_position) that works in the Layer Change G-Code? I wanted the extruder to move out to the ooze shield while the next extruder heats up and the previous extruder cools down.
dkightley

Its best you start a new thread for your question. This thread is really all about describing the fields in the Scripts tab and their use .
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
blaknite7

I made another post with a good example of some of the things you can do with the post processing script section. so for those that come across this thread you may be interested in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5877&p=25429#p25429
Gregket1

Is it possible to do simple math using these variables? The Taz6 has a wipe process that requires the extruded be at 70% of filament extrusion temperature. It is really annoying to have to manually edit the start-script every time we change filament types. Being able to set the temperature for the wipe process to [extruder_temp]*0.7 would be very convenient. Is this possible? Or does someone have a suggestion for an alternate, convenient method of have the start-script change with filament-selection?
Skimmy

Is there a way to do a z-offset between two toolheads with this?

Tool 1 is 2mm higher over the printbed than Tool 0. In the settings, I can only put in X & Y offsets, but no Z-offset :(
Skimmy

And why does {IF OLDTOOL=0} or similar doesnt work in the endscript, while it does in the toolchange-script?
DarthRevan

Skimmy wrote:Is there a way to do a z-offset between two toolheads with this?

Tool 1 is 2mm higher over the printbed than Tool 0. In the settings, I can only put in X & Y offsets, but no Z-offset :(
You could try a relative Z move, but the way the dual color printing is structured (color 1, color 2, color 2, color 1, etc..) will cause issues with that, because any time the second layer gets started it will move the head in exact coordinates rather than relative.
Skimmy wrote:And why does {IF OLDTOOL=0} or similar doesnt work in the endscript, while it does in the toolchange-script?
This would be because the if oldtool and if newtool options are only given in the Toolchange script.
mr_cg

Is there a complete list of all available variables [ ] which can be used?

I would need to change the format how the filament length and weight is printed in the gcode.
This information is used from my BCN3D Sigma printer to be displayed on the LCD screen.

S4U Format in gcode:
; Filament length: 102.7 mm (0.10 m)
; Plastic weight: 0.82 g (0.00 lb)

I would need to change this to:
; Filament used: 0.102m 0.82g

I want to add this to the start script. How is this possible and where can i find list of all available variables?
Thanks
Velleman K8200 / BCN3D Sigma
nice

Hi.
I would like to control the script by z level value.
Only when z is greater than 1mm

{IF CURRENT_Z_POSITION>1} G0 X30... etc etc

Is this good or not? At the moment the script is ignored by simplify3d
Thank you
Nicola
CompoundCarl

nice wrote:Is this good or not?
Read the first post in this thread. If that option isn't listed there, then it isn't supported.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”