eoffermann

Re: Tip of the Day 17 -New Feature- Horizontal Size Compensa

bapro wrote:When pointing your mouse at this feature it says (shrink)???? Please change this to offset if that's what happens. Shrinks gives more of a feeling of scaling that is something completely different.
I like "dilate/expand" instead of offset or shrink, but agree strongly with this statement. The current labelling and tooltip for this feature is hard to figure out what it means. It's a hard process to describe: it doesn't act on overall geometry but rather alters the volume of the object by dilating/expanding the shell in the X/Y plane.
Wolfie wrote:Wait, what? I was under the impression that "Extrusion Multiplier" affected how much material was extruded, not the actual z steps. Was I wrong?
That's exactly correct - but the extrusion multiplier is responsible for the top of flat prints being concave or convex which can alter the height. I don't usually find that the problem is the extrusion multiplier, myself - though if it's off within a low multiple of the layer height (eg., you're printing .1mm layers and it's off by a little over .2mm), it's a possible culprit. I'd check for extrusion multiplier problems against a straightedge rather than a micrometer though. The most obvious symptom of the extrusion multiplier being off is that flat horizontal surfaces won't be planar.
Rebekah_harper

there is the outline overlap %.

this might be the issue with it not filling in. might need some calculating but I'd check that.

you say you print at 0.2mm if that is your nozzle diameter. I would like to hear more :)
derekhe

I think this feature is to fix the hole to small issue, but it also affect the outer dimension. Is there a way we can fix the hole to small issue as well as keeping the outer dimension without any modify to the model?
ZGainsforth

derekhe wrote:I think this feature is to fix the hole to small issue, but it also affect the outer dimension. Is there a way we can fix the hole to small issue as well as keeping the outer dimension without any modify to the model?
Well, you could use a horizontal size compensation to shrink the dimensions slightly and then rescale the entire object up in x and y so the outside perimeter is back to its original size.
eestelles

Re: Tip of the Day 17 -New Feature- Horizontal Size Compensation

Hello,

I use a FF Dreamer but I really like the flexibility of S3D, however I cannot find a way to do this on S3D. The screen is from FlashPrint:
Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 14.48.46.png
What it does is to adjust the dimmension variations for external and internal parts. For example a cube with a hole in the middle.
How do I do this with S3D? I tried Horizontal dimmesion but does not seem to take care of the internal size.
horst.w

have a look to Tab Other, there you will find Adjustments Horizontal Size Compensation.
This is the only one possibility but I have doubt if it is the same what you are searching.

Click twice to the object, a window will open for external adjustments ...

horst.w
GER
eestelles

Thanks,

Yes I had a look at both, I just cannot get my head around why having an internal and external compensation (but seems to work) as all should be the shame. Trying on S3D and I'm not getting the same results.... anyway, I'll keep trying.
eestelles

Ok, I tried with scale and horizontal correction. The results are very similar:

I'm ok getting the external size to 20mm by 20mm but the internal hole size that should be 10mm is always a bit smaller, about 9.5mm.
Any idea how to correct that? I attach simple STL (20x20x20mm with 10mm diameter hole in the middle)

Any advice would be great!
Attachments
Test Cube.stl
(57.41 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”