abiezritegideon

Resume from unknown stop without rebooting

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:34 pm

It happens when I use a MakerBot with S3D. MakerBot the machine simply stopped as S3D's console suggested to check if the background service is running. I found out that its diagnose was right, it happened in the middle (30%) of a 20 hour print.

I tried using the MakerWare to do that but not able to do so. Anyone any suggestions other than have the Mini power down and up? I want to finish that 70% of print.

Thanks!

-G

abiezritegideon

Re: Resume from unknown stop without rebooting

Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:07 am

It happens again. I wonder if it is MakerBot always updating their machines' firmware that causes this issue.

My latest re-print was very very good (out from Simplify3D but then it stopped at 85% this time and I was like… highly disappointed - again.

Another thing about S3D with MakerBot (Mini, in this case) is that the Jog Controls don't work at all, no matter S3D is able or not able to connect with MakerBot Mini.

-G

DarthRevan

Re: Resume from unknown stop without rebooting

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:22 pm

You should be able to resume from whatever height your print stopped at.

First you would carefully measure what height your print stopped at. Lets say it stopped after 5mm.

you would then add a layer to that number and use the advanced feature in S3D to start printing at X height.

To try this out you'd check the box for start printing at height, then set the measurement you'd like to start at.

Good Luck!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”