JFettig

Re: Give me your Infill tips

The only way to consistently do it is to slice, check, modify, slice check modify. If you do that and it starts its first layer of a specific angle right before solid infill, it will try to bridge the solid infill all in one direction and it will turn out like a mess, I considered it a while ago. We really just need bi-directional infill on the same layer, or tri for you hexagon people.
Bassna

JFettig wrote:The only way to consistently do it is to slice, check, modify, slice check modify. If you do that and it starts its first layer of a specific angle right before solid infill, it will try to bridge the solid infill all in one direction and it will turn out like a mess, I considered it a while ago. We really just need bi-directional infill on the same layer, or tri for you hexagon people.

Hmm good point. I'll have to look into that myself. I've switched back to 100% infill extrusion myself, and honestly it still look's like crap. I've completely taken apart my extruder's, cleaned, cleaned the nozzles out, etc. I will try the 200% width again, but I still don't think the infill is as good.

I really do love S3D, but I really do miss having "good, strong" infill. I also wish infill had it's own separate speed setting.

All in all though, I do still like S3D the most. Let's just hope they work on this with an update sometime.
Dssguy1

Stop trying to run 200% infill. Running 135% or 150% is plenty strong at an acceptable infill percentage like 25%. You can slow down the infill as well via S3D.

All of your symptoms involve your machine not wanting to push that much material, not S3D.
dennisjm

For 200% extrusion, you can also decrease the speed by 50% and see if you still have the issue.
But yeah... clicking means you're pushing plastic out too fast.

One material I had I couldn't actually raise the temperature much. I tried but instead of flowing smoothly it would get too soft too far away from the nozzle tip and start clogging up the extruder. Caused me frustration drilling it all out and cleaning it out so I could print again. So sometimes you just have to slow way down.
kirkg

Dssguy1 wrote:Stop trying to run 200% infill. Running 135% or 150% is plenty strong at an acceptable infill percentage like 25%. You can slow down the infill as well via S3D.

All of your symptoms involve your machine not wanting to push that much material, not S3D.
How do you slow down the infill speed?
this would be good to know as my prints jam often while doing infill because of trying to push to much plastic.
jimc

lower the "default print speed"
CT4

Like most of the users on this forum I really like what S3D does but it beats me why S3D can or will not produce a honeycomb infill. On of the posts in here says that it is difficult to do????? It can not be that hard to do Makerbot managed it!!! Not to mention every other slicer program out there.
kirkg

Even mattercontrol has it

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”