rsworden59

Re: Filament Storage

> How do you know when the desiccant is saturated?

Buy dessicant that changes color. I bought some from "Dry & Dry" on Amazon. When the color change indicates it's absorbed a lot of moisture, dry it out in the oven or microwave.

> Ziploc bags

I store my spools in Ziploc bags, from which I've sucked out most of the air through a straw. I see that the Ziplocs eventually reinflate back to atmospheric pressure (no longer sucked in tight to the filament). So Ziploc brand is not perfectly airtight. I'd like to see suggestions of better brands or sources.
Sobhana123

Hi. In filament storage is one such pack will normally be more than sufficient for your filament storing needs. The idea behind using those bags is to store your filament spools in an air-free environment , so that they cannot absorb any more moisture from the ambient air.
ISO 9001 Certification in Dammam
https://www.certvalue.com/ohsas-18001-certification-in-new-zealand/
nfol

I use blue-to-pink indicator silica gel. When it is saturated - an so turn pink - I revive them in the microwave oven, which is very effective.
nexy33

General storage have a 65l IKEA box to which ive fitted a rubber draught excluder round top and a rechargeable moisture absorber and the box clips for its size 8 in number to keep shut also hot glued to the lid is a temperature and humidity display, for spools in use I have 2 esun heated spool boxes which also measure weight connected via Bowden's to the bmg extruders of my printers, it is my intention to wall mount the IKEA box and feed filament direct from that, I also use a food dehydrator i give all opened filaments 12 hrs in their prior to storage and use.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”