Flashforge Dreamer

Flashforge Dreamer, back fan control - help needed

Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:23 am

Hello

I just got Simplify3D and a Flashforge Dreamer which has two fans at the back that automatically turn on when using supplied FlashPrint software but do not turn on when sending a code generated by Simplify3D.

1. How do I turn ON the fans at the back of the machine to cool down the chamber when using Simplify3D?
2. Do I need to have them turned on?
3. I am printing PLA 210C with 60C (is that the right setting?)

Thanks

KeyboardWarrior

Re: Flashforge Dreamer, back fan control - help needed

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Flashforge Dreamer wrote:Hello

I just got Simplify3D and a Flashforge Dreamer which has two fans at the back that automatically turn on when using supplied FlashPrint software but do not turn on when sending a code generated by Simplify3D.

1. How do I turn ON the fans at the back of the machine to cool down the chamber when using Simplify3D?
2. Do I need to have them turned on?
3. I am printing PLA 210C with 60C (is that the right setting?)

Thanks
1.The fans on the dreamer turn on when the standard fan on the side of your extruder carriage turns on. For PLA that'll be layer 2, for ABS that won't happen (ABS profile has fan off). If you want the fan on from the beginning of your print, you would just change Layer 1 to 100.

2.The fans generally help print quality for PLA (you want PLA to rapidly cool down after being extruded). For ABS the fans would hurt print quality (you want the environment to generally remain heated, and not rapidly cool down ABS since that will cause warping).

3. 210 and 60 sounds right. I use those settings on my Dreamer and it's worked really well. I use masking tape on the bed for adhesion, and found that this works extremely well.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”