adamcooks

Using S3d on multiple machines?

I am looking for some advice or tips on using S3D on two machines. I have two bots that are essentially the same, except for build size. A rep1 dual clone and a rep 1 single coreXY with a 12" build cube. What is the best way to about switch back and forth between the two?
RBeaubien

Re: Using S3d on multiple machines?

I too would like to know this. I will be purchasing a second printer totally different from my first one and would like to control them both from the same computer. Can I install the software 2 times so there are 2 different machine configs?
BaudR8

In the software you have "profiles" that you can choose from. Switching between printers is as easy as changing the selection in the combo box. I have created custom profiles (the fff files are simple XML files) for all of my printers, and removed any printers that I do not have (s3d comes with a ton of pre-configured profiles), and now anytime I need to switch to a differnt printer profile, I just select it from the drop down menu.
Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 9.25.41 AM.png
JoeJ

To add to this, yes, you can easily switch between multiple profiles (either your own custom ones or their pre-configured ones). You can also install the software on up to 2 different devices, so RBeaubien, you should have no trouble managing both of your printers with different machines.
jzatopa

It would be really nice if S3D added a printer selection system.
JoeJ

Isn't that exactly what the "Select Profile" drop down list is from the picture above? You select your printer and the software automatically loads all the necessary settings for it. They also have a configuration assistant which does something similar.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”