Mbisjr23

Robo3d r1 settings

Anyone mind sharing a screen shot of their settings for robo3d r1? Just purchased s3d recently and having some difficulty dialing in my printer after finally getting it nice in mattercontrol.
BaudR8

Re: Robo3d r1 settings

I think it would be more helpful if you posted up a couple pics of what youre seeing that you want suggestions for improvements on. I use the stock robo profile on my r1 and I get great looking prints.
Mbisjr23

the stock setting did not work well for me at all. i have encountered all kinds of different issues(stringy infill, layer delamination, nozzle scraping across print, z offset way off,etc.) which was why i asked if someone could share theirs as a whole. here are the last two prints i attempted
Attachments
IMG_2950.JPG
IMG_2949.JPG
IMG_2948.JPG
BaudR8

Mbisjr23 wrote:the stock setting did not work well for me at all. i have encountered all kinds of different issues(stringy infill, layer delamination, nozzle scraping across print, z offset way off,etc.) which was why i asked if someone could share theirs as a whole. here are the last two prints i attempted
stringy infill:
FFF Settings > Infill Tab, increase infill extrusion width to 150-200%. WIth higher infill extrusion width numbers, you will see your infill percentage look smaller since s3d is taking into account the size of the increased infill extrusion, so you'll want to increase your infill percentage a bit as well. 30-40% depending on what you bump your infill extrusion width too.

layer delaminating:
common with large ABS prints when the middle of the printed objected begins to cool while the parts closest to the bed (hot) and hot end (hot) stay warm, the ABS will begin to shrink while it cools and separate. try to enclose the printer (even more) to prevent heat escape, and/or increase ambient room temperatures. If you are seeing this with PLA, you may be using the wrong layer height, using crappy/old PLA, etc.

nozzle scraping across print:
try turning on z-lift (retraction vertical lift to 1.00mm) this will raise your head before travel moves. If your nozzle is scraping, it's a good indicator your extrusion is too high (causing plastic to be above where it should be) or your z-steps are off.

z-offset way off:

adjust your Z-endstop. This is hardware controlled, s3d doesnt tell your printer where the Z zero location is, your printer finds it itself through the mechanical endstop. Try raising the switch location or screwing the actuator screw that hits the switch in more so that it actuates the switch at a higher z-location.

you may want to read through this:
http://reprap.org/wiki/Print_Troublesho ... rial_Guide

as it will help you troubleshoot your 3d printing
Grzyby15

Good tips, really helpull, thanks a lot:)
Mbisjr23

went back to play to see how my machine would act with that. first print went alright. layers seemed to not be perfectly smashed together but not bad. so i upped the infill extrusion with and increased the overlap. hit print, first layer looked pretty good so ran to store real quick and when i got home i had a mess. i don't understand what is going on. printed for months with no problem and now i can't print anything but a blob
Attachments
IMG_2957.JPG
IMG_2957.JPG (44.78 KiB) Viewed 9529 times
IMG_2956.JPG
IMG_2956.JPG (33.33 KiB) Viewed 9529 times
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (22.17 KiB) Viewed 9529 times
Mbisjr23

I ordered an e3d v6. For my sanity I'm staying away from the printer till I get the hot end in. This is too frustrating :(
f16falcon6

I am having the same exact issues as you were having. Did you ever figure out an answer to your problem?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”