Hansie

Feature request ... (print preview, overall settings)

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm new to the Creator and am using it with a Leapfrog Creatr.

A few things I liked about Repetier, and what I'm missing in Creator, is the preview and of the printer moves in 3D while printing.

Another thing that confused me the first time I used Creator was: where do I set the printer that I have?
Now I know that per-job you'd like to change all kinds of settings, but for example build area etc are pretty defined per printer model/type.
Maybe an idea to link that up with the connection settings when one connects to the printer or under preferences?

A very cool feature would be slicing with the option to minimize jerking/slamming ... Creator already does a good job (when compared to slic3r) but it would be a neat option to have.

sir-mike

Re: Feature request ... (print preview, overall settings)

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi Hansie,

just have a lock under Tools-> Options-> Machine for your print area.

Michael

Hansie

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks Michael,

Found the printarea settings - I was more looking for machine specific "fine tuned" settings ... :)

Hansie

Hansie

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:56 am

Another thing that would be a nice add-on is to have the ability to heat individual extruders.
Right now I have to manual enter T1 or T0 to heat the extruder I'd like to use ...

Aha

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm confused by what you mean by previewing the moves. You might have the same problem I did at first wherein when you click prepare, you mess with the start slider. If you want to see the print heads moving, you really need to use the end slider to get what repetier shows. The benefit of having the start is theoretically you should be able to restart a print at a certain lost point by backtracking through it like that.

For multiple extruders, I believe you can just add a second extruder under the add icon and set separate things there. Then if you want to load certain profiles you import/export all the fine settings for fine tuning your machine under the "other" heading like your axis speeds and so on.

Or am I completely misunderstanding the questions?

Hansie

Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 am

LOL - thanks for the reply Aha - I'm not sure if I understand your answer.

So what Repetier does, duringprinting: it shows the exact moves of the printer.
To be more precise: it plots a line on your screen as soon as it sends the G-code for a line to the printer.
This line will be colored "hot" and that line will slowly change color to "cold".
So during printing you will see what moves your printer is making ...

Versus the slider in Creator preview: this is showing what the moves will be when you move the slider (and I think that's what you are referring to).
This preview does not respond to the actual moves your printer is making when it's printing, just a preview of what moves will be made once you start printing.

(hope this didn't make it even more confusing)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”