MarkH

Re: Simplify3D cant conect to my Duplicator i3?

I find I need to leave the command buffering ticked for it to work. Turning off the other two works for me. YMV.
ssstraub

I had this problem of a failed USB connectiong every time. The solution was to remove the "auto reset" jumper from the Melzi board in the control box. Now it connects perfectly. Did not have to change anything on the S3D side.
CompoundCarl

markus71 wrote:Edit: The next day it worked with all the default settings, maybe something needed restarting, rebooting, not sure. So currently "Wait for startup command" is back to ticked, "Communication timeout" is back to ticked, "Tool Change" is back to "T$". But Baud rate is 57600 currently. I've been printing with these default settings the whole day reliably. It seems sometimes I have to restart the control panel. Basically I don't touch the i3 control box at all besides the on/off switch and when I change filaments.
If the settings are changing, it probably means that you have the firmware overrides enabled in your process settings. So you need to Export the firmware configuration as a new name and then enter that in your process settings on the G-Code tab (this video explains it in much more detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYPUAqT4UyI)
sebastian.heyn

my di3 only works when I slow doen to 57600
Heutinck

peps1 wrote:
junktronix wrote:I have the same problem. It seems the i3 controller is very slow to respond after a reset. I was able to connect and print OK by clicking connect, waiting for the Wanhao logo to come on the LCD and then clicking the connect button again.
Yep, this seems to work, but its a lot of pulling out USBs, turning machine on and off.....id print form SD card if the slot was not so terable. need long figernals to push that card in.

Was thinking maybe a wireless option like Astroprint on Raspberry Pi would be a interesting option.
why don't you just get a micro SD to SD adapter/extension cable like this one from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Manufacture-Sdhc- ... pter+cable or this one http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Extender-Mo ... pter+cable
nerys

I have a monoprice maker select. (same as wanhao i3v2)

I can not even begin to connect over usb. I connect the usb cable and get an immediate dah dah dah. from the computer. ie error sound.

SD is nice once your done read to go all set and just want to "redo" a print.

but its a PITA for tweaking. control wheel in . then goto sd card then goto unmount card then pull card plug into computer. open both folders to the right locations move file over to sd eject from computer plug into printer jog wheel in again goto sd card goto mount card goto print file goto folder

god what a pain in the #$2#%$ when you are making constant iterations. ITs one thing I did enjoy about the replicator mini. bad print cancel clean bed. make tweak click print watch it go again.

would love to get it working on the monoprice.

suggestions?
roydouce8256

I had the same problem, I set the Flow Control in Firmware/communication settings to Software XON/XOFF.
This Solved my problem .
robertoguerrero

Unchecking wait for startup command worked for me as well. Hesine M505 reprap i3 with upgraded meltzi 2.0 board.
ShellDude

Hyperion Forge 3D (Rebranded Duplicator i3 v2.1)

All default software settings.

Requires the auto-restart jumper be open.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”