SLICE_FOR_FUN

Re: Tip of the Day 30 - Using 3DTouch, CubeX,CubePro and Rap

Hello,

I guess my "knocking problem" has been a result of to low temperature.

But I have some more trouble:
when the extruder goes to the position, where the model will be printed, it stays there for a few seconds and extrudes filament. So there is some useless filament, which is not good for quality...
I tried multi color prints, but the results where bad (like here download/file.php?id=1337&mode=view).
The printer extrudes when it shouldn't....

Does someone has a solution for this and maybe could share a fff file with me?

thanks
MichaelHerron

SLICE_FOR_FUN wrote:Hello,

I guess my "knocking problem" has been a result of to low temperature.

But I have some more trouble:
when the extruder goes to the position, where the model will be printed, it stays there for a few seconds and extrudes filament. So there is some useless filament, which is not good for quality...
I tried multi color prints, but the results where bad (like here download/file.php?id=1337&mode=view).
The printer extrudes when it shouldn't....

Does someone has a solution for this and maybe could share a fff file with me?

thanks
SFF:

We finally conquered that issue just before 3.0 was released--i'm not at the office now, so I don't have the FFF files to fix it. The issue is that the *&%&*^ CubePro doesn't actually change tools unless it is extruding, so when it performs the offset, it extrudes while it is doing so. Since Simplify went to 3.0, you may not need the FFF files after all.
Try adding a priming pillar (in the ADDITIONS tab). That may (although I haven't tried it) fix your problem--it will mean the pillar gets all the extra filament and not your part.
Goodfella

Hi,
I have 1 question and 1 problem.

What about firmware? Do i have to find special one for CubePro Duo and import it into Simplify?

To the problem. I have CubePro Duo, so ofcourse i use this CubePro Duo profile. I set 40% infill, but when i play print simulation it shows, that every layer has 100% infill, therefore final print time is about 100 hours. I havent tried to print that yet. So is it just simulation bug or software error?

Thank you for answer
pagreco

Hello: I ve a CUBEPRO DUO printer. I would like to tell that I´m Happy with them but... NOT! Its very difficult to print small parts. The printer has a termal chamber that I would like to turn off, someone knows with MXXX command I would to use?? I ve the option to open the printer but would he much better to turn off the dragon.

Regards, Patricio
the_dude

rustel1972 wrote:hey the_dude our set ups are very different on the cubex. but since getting the new hoy end and this software. my printer had become a valuable tool it runs almost every day making functional parts for my work..I recommend getting the new hot end from hugues
Hi Rustel,

I finally received my E3D nozzle this week and I decided to start from scratch again.

the cubexupgrade guy hooked it up with (3) different nozzles (0.4, 0.35 and 0.2).

Here is my new setup..
CubeX Pro firmware 1.6
Dremel brand PLA Filament
E3D Nozzle with 0.2 tip
BuildTak

I started with the instructions on the cubeXupgrade site for use with Kisslicer. So far I'm really impressed, the nozzle extrudes so much cleaner and the layers are coming out real clean. The buildtak is pretty awesome too.

I'm going to start testing with Simplify 3D, do you have any experience with .2 nozzle?

Thanks again,
the_dude

Okay, I've made some progress now I'm a bit stuck with something I feel everyone has encountered.

I got simplify 3d Dialed in almost.. I have a layer thickness I'm very happy with, now I have these seam issues that I can't figure out how to get rid of.

I've tried multiple ooze settings in Simplify 3D but I'm getting no where... I'm closer than ever before. Hope someone here can help.

Thanks,

Here are some pics, I circled the seam issues.
Attachments
IMG_4724.JPG
IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4722.JPG
MichaelHerron

the_dude wrote:Okay, I've made some progress now I'm a bit stuck with something I feel everyone has encountered.

I got simplify 3d Dialed in almost.. I have a layer thickness I'm very happy with, now I have these seam issues that I can't figure out how to get rid of.

I've tried multiple ooze settings in Simplify 3D but I'm getting no where... I'm closer than ever before. Hope someone here can help.

Thanks,

Here are some pics, I circled the seam issues.
It looks like your seam issues are due to start points and accelerations, rather than ooze control. The Cubepro must extrude at a constant rate, but the moves aren't necessarily a constant speed. As a result, you will get visible seams whenever the layer starts, and you will see corners bulging. There are acceleration parameters you can hard-code into the g-code. I don't remember which lines in the start script control this--perhaps someone out there does!?
(it may be the M240 SXXXX line. mine is set at 1400, but this is probably much lower than you want)

Our cubepro has been down for a while and I'm not sure we're going to invest in fixing it. I'm lobbying for getting a different printer--we may gut the electronics, but that burns a lot of expensive engineering hours(mine).

Anyway--You will want to decrease the travel speed and increase the acceleration. (and also decrease the flow-rate).
This is a difficult problem to solve with this printer, but it shows up far worse on calibration and fine-tuning prints than it does on real-world prints.
the_dude

Today progress:

After trying a bit more settings.. I finally tried messing with the code.. I adjusted M108 S27 to S17 and like magic, the larger seams disappeared.

What didn't go away was the angular seam along the curve side. So I tried a bunch of other settings again with no luck.

Finally I decided to test out the infill.. and like the previous poster said, the seam went away.. well almost.

The angular seam is not gone, but a vertical seam appeared further along the curved side. See below..

Patience is the name of the game now.. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I'm still on the fence about trying the python script posted earlier on this thread, if anyone here has tried it please let me now how it worked out.

Thanks,
Attachments
FullSizeRender 5.jpg
FullSizeRender 5.jpg (12.89 KiB) Viewed 7328 times
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
FullSizeRender 4.jpg (12.51 KiB) Viewed 7328 times
mmcginnis9272

Try setting the standpoint for each layer to random. This will hopefully I spread the seam over random points instead of having it all in the same spot. Efectually making it disappear.
the_dude

mmcginnis9272 wrote:Try setting the standpoint for each layer to random. This will hopefully I spread the seam over random points instead of having it all in the same spot. Efectually making it disappear.
I'm assuming you mean 'start point' not 'standpoint'... It makes sense what your saying, I will give that a shot next. Thanks for the tip.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”