ChairmanNow

First Creator success

FInally figured out the issues of thin features, and I'm printing my first (what appears will be) successful print with Creator. Some observations:

+ My printer runs more quietly with Creator output. The steppers don't "grind" - much, much more quiet.
+ My infill is nicer with Creator. Same printer, same filament, same bed level, same temps, same everything. But Creator's is smoother and less fogged with natural PLA. Maybe the environmental conditions just happened to be perfect :)
+ Creator seems to have some tweaks for structural issues. It's hard to describe, but I have projecting features on my model, and Creator seems to create an infill pattern so that there'll be more strength. I like it.

Cheers, and thanks.

CM
slipshine

Re: First Creator success

I noticed the same thing and thought I was crazy or tired.
I had a thin part out of natural PLA that I can read through.
Luke321

My first print was also very good, it took my many many hours to get something similar with slic3r.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Glad the new profiles are working well for you guys :D

If you get a really good print, maybe post some pictures or your .fff profile so others can benefit. I want to keep improving the standard profile that's in there, so if we notice everyone is getting consistently better prints with a slightly different temperature or extrusion multiplier or something like that, we can update that in the defaults.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”