lucidpsykosis

V3.0.2 Dreamer USB connect problems

Has anyone, more specifically those with Dreamers, had any difficulty connecting via USB? I didn't have any problems till this update, now I just get a "error connecting to machine" message. Its a little frustrating having to go back to the SD card method.
KeyboardWarrior

Re: V3.0.2 Dreamer USB connect problems

lucidpsykosis wrote:Has anyone, more specifically those with Dreamers, had any difficulty connecting via USB? I didn't have any problems till this update, now I just get a "error connecting to machine" message. Its a little frustrating having to go back to the SD card method.
With firmware version 2.3, I don't have this issue. I would recommend downgrading to that firmware and trying to see how that works for you.
ole_blue_moon

I have had issues with this for almost a year of using the Dreamer and Simplify3d. It has been improved but still intermittent. It always worked the first time turning on the printer and sending a file from Simplify3d. It is the 2nd attempt that has been a problem. Following has worked:

In Simp3d exit preview mode.
Turn Dreamer off then on wait for beeps to finish
In Simp3d go to tools, machine control panel and click connect, under communication tab at bottom of text should say connected. You will never get the file to transfer until this says connected.
Try to send file again.
If still fails may need to turn off Dreamer, reboot computer, turn on Dreamer, then try again. This has always allowed me to send the file.

Bit of a nuisance but does eventually work OK.
ole_blue_moon

Disregard everything I said. After posting I updated Flashprint and the Dreamer firmware and now I'm in the same boat, can't transfer at all, no amount of reboot or reset helps.
ole_blue_moon

Still prints over USB to the Dreamer from the Fashprint program so problem seems to be with Simplify3d.
petetsai

I contacted support and they told me they are aware of this with the latest Dreamer firmware update 8xx . I have a copy of 6xx so I simply downgraded, it would be nice if Simplify3d support were a little more proactive and put a note on the forum stating all this so customers aren't in the dark, also it would be a way to broadcast out when they do have a fix for it...
shortaskia

Same problem here. Used support now dreamer does not work with flashprint either. It seems they are trying to make the printer work with simplify3d rather than [shock horror] fix the problem with simplify3d and do an update. I hope to get it fixed soon but somehow I doubt it. Finding the support confusing to say the least. English is not his first language.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”