palawanisland

Add a new printer.

hi!

how to add new printer config to profile.

current profile flash forge.

planning on getting ultimaker.
JoeJ

Re: Add a new printer.

Just go to Help > Configuration Assistant, and select the UM2. It will automatically configure everything needed to print on it. And you can always choose the Flashforge printer from the profile drop down list if you need to go back.

This may help explain it more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ7HFPY ... DJpQBVf-Ss
Fred B

The fastest way I've found to switch between printers is to have a factory file for each one. Pulling up the factory file will change to the new printer without having to page through a list.

Just save a factory file with a small part in it for each printer. Pull up the factory file and delete the small part to change printers. I find this to be more convenient than scrolling through a big list each time. Just give the files a name that will be at the top of the list (start with 1 for instance).
JoeJ

Fred B wrote:I find this to be more convenient than scrolling through a big list each time
You only need to go through the big list the very first time you use a new printer. After that, the profile is added to your Process Settings drop down list, which will only contain the profiles you have specifically chosen to download. So in this case, he would use the configuration assistant ONCE the very first time he uses the Ultimaker printer. After that, you would only have TWO printers listed in the "Edit Process Settings" drop down list (the Flashforge and the UM).

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”