frizbee69

CTC Riverside SLA printer

Dear developers,

I picked up a form 1 clone that uses Repetier firmware.

http://www.ctcprinter.com/product_detail.php?ProId=12

Software support for this model is non existent. I have been able to print via cura, but find it a sticky, clunky piece of software and would rather use Simplify 3D.

The printer's UV laser is treated as an extruder to switch it on and off in cura and I imagine the G - Code could be made to operate the same way in Simplify 3D. While I know this will work in theory, getting it to work in practice could be another matter.

Is there any way to check this functionality before I take the plunge and purchase a copy?

Thanks
CompoundCarl

Re: CTC Riverside SLA printer

Yup, it's really easy to do in S3D. You can read about others who did it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3384&p=14820#p14840
Umpa

They are using it to engrave. I would love for s3D to write a machine profile for the CTC Riverside. I would even pay
Umpa

Also why they are at it, tree and branch support would be a god send. Now CTC are making a reasonable priced machine and people are now buying them support could well increase sales of S3D.
Umpa

So I followed the instructions and it kind of works. I say kind of because it doesn't print anything. I see the potential though. It lowers the platform, it fires the laser, it traces out the model & raises the platform. All looks good but it fails to produce anything.

What's happening is the print is stuck to the bottom of the tray. This is not a platform calibration problem though, its because the laser is tracing out the model much to fast. It's not curing the resin properly.

I need a way to slow the laser for this to work. The printer seems to ignore all the S3D settings. Anyone actually had a print using this ?
Umpa

So I am guessing that no one can get this to work properly with a CTC SLA printer then?

Anyone actually tried ??
Umpa

So like me then - no one else has managed to get it to work. Hopefully this thread will save other people following bad advice and wasting time.
CNC74

Ok, This can not be too hard right?

There is going to be a massive influx of new CTC Riverside owners very soon and they will need a quality software to use it with.

Let that software be Simplify3D!

HELP.?
https://t.me/pump_upp
CompoundCarl

Read my post above. There's been plenty of people on here who have done this. I have a friend who also uses Simplify3D for his laser cutter. The post I linked to above gives the general instructions.

Umpa - it sounds like your only problem was adjusting the printing speed. Just disable the "reduce speed for layers less then XXX seconds" option on the Cooling tab and then change whatever speeds you want on the Other tab.
CNC74

I read your above post the first time and the thread attached.

Can we get multiple runs of the same layer and then a different number of runs (also multiple) for subsidiary layers?

Nonscientific example:
Layer 1 gets 20 passes
Layer 2 thru 50 get 5 passes
etc etc..

This post is centric to Laser Cutters and there are vast differences in the required variables for SL printers.

The craptastic junkware that comes with the CTC Riverside (Cura *Modified by CTC) is nearly useless.

I don't have a lot of time (*Family+Work) so reinventing the wheel is not on my agenda. Simplify3D should be all over this when a new commercial available printer is introduced to the market.

I would pay for a working profile but there isn't one being offered.
https://t.me/pump_upp

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”