RiC0MD

Controller Support FFF speed

Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there's a way to slow down the support build operations. I use a 2nd extruder to print support, and I swear but could be imagining it the printer speeds up during support builds. This is causing the HIPS on my second extruder to not stick very well, usually resulting in a fair mess.

Thanks!

Clayton

Re: Controller Support FFF speed

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:30 am

The support structure toolpaths will use the same speed that your internal infill sections print with. If you want to slow down the support structures, you can enter a lower value for the default printing speed and then maybe bump up your outline underspeed percentage so the outlines still print at a reasonable speed.

How is the HIPS working? I know it can be a pretty difficult material to print with compared to some of the other easier plastics like PLA.

RiC0MD

Re: Controller Support FFF speed

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:22 pm

This is an Aluminatus (Reprap), so Marlin 1 F/W. HIPS has been.. interesting to say the least, it behaves much like ABS, but doesn't seem to stick like ABS does. Plus with the super quick movements that supports make, its stick chance is pretty low. Will we ever be seeing more customization options on speed in the future, find it odd that we only have 2 tweaks we can make, yet others out there let you adjust a fair bit.

Actually if possible, can you basically build more solid supports rather then the little waffer structures? That might stop the jerking around if there wasn't so many odd angles?

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”