Mike01Hu

New user

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi, I have just acquired Simplify3D prior to getting a new printer from BigBox-3D, as it is recommended by them, and I am currently adapting it to use with my Velleman K8200. This is a very steep learning curve as I expect good quality prints without too much, if any, re-tweaking between them. So far I am not getting the results that I want, primarily because of the apparent lack of a good descriptive manual, or am I missing something? Suck-it-and-see is entertaining, but not productive, and having the time to search through this forum for answers is even less so. I have too many issues to list but I'll provide a link to the BigBox-3D forum to pick up where I left off if anyone is interested in providing answers.http://forum.bigbox-3d.com/index.php?th ... fy-3d.404/

I am not writing off the product at the moment but I want to be assured that some development is being done that addresses the common issues that have appeared before on this forum. There are some really simple changes/improvements that will enhance the product. I do use freeware such as Repetier Host with Cura and Slic3r and I do contribute for developers to maintain the products. My GBP100 for Simplify3D I consider as an up-front support payment and I look forward to development.

Mike

CompoundCarl

Re: New user

Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:49 am

This is the best guide I have seen for improving and troubleshooting your print quality: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/. It goes into great detail on every issue and the setting you would need to adjust.

I'm sure it took months to build, so big thanks to the S3D team :D

Mike01Hu

Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:38 am

CompoundCarl wrote:This is the best guide I have seen for improving and troubleshooting your print quality: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/. It goes into great detail on every issue and the setting you would need to adjust.

I'm sure it took months to build, so big thanks to the S3D team :D
Thank you Carl. I had been to this link before and it is very good but I need more detail on each of the variables.

Mike

CompoundCarl

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:41 am

The software includes a few sentences that describe every single options in your process settings. Just hover your mouse over the setting and the tooltip will appear. There's also more detailed explanations for each setting which you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2367

Mike01Hu

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks for your response and I was aware of the hover data but the tips page is very good and this will answer some of my complaints. It's a pity this is not pointed to in the product information.

Mike

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”