Mike01Hu

First impressions again!

Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:55 pm

As a long time user of other slicers but now heading for a new printer, I was advised to purchase S3D. My experience has not been as good as expected with a high percentage of failures, some were my own due to unfamiliarity but others were down to the performance of the S3D process definition and its subsequent preparations of the print codes. I have not much to say here but refer you to this thread on the BigBox forum:

http://forum.bigbox-3d.com/index.php?th ... fy-3d.404/
Last edited by Mike01Hu on Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billyd

Re: First impressions

Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:57 pm

This is often the result when someone who is not well acquainted with the software tries to use it incorrectly and gets a poor result.

First impressions with a complex piece of software are usually incorrect as a result.
Last edited by billyd on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raimond

Re: First impressions again!

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:57 pm

I'v had my FFCP for about a year now and have been considering S3D for about 6 months, the price is what was keeping me away. I use Slic3r on a iMac mostly, but also tried Cura and a couple of others along the way. I have always had issues with clogged nozzles, warping and bed adhesion. Three days ago I pulled the trigger and purchased S3D. My printer has been running 20 hours a day since and no problems at all.

Not saying S3D solved all the issues I was having but with all the controls and preset starting points it had established, they are now non-issues. Cosesidence? Good timing? Great product or a combination of the three? I only know that I am no longer cursing my machine daily because of failed/flawed prints.
My prints are near perfect now. And it slices faster than any other program I have used.

I am well satisfied with how it works and the interface is as good as Slic3r, maybe better now that I am getting used to it.
Everyone has an opinion and a preference. Share your's but don't shove it on anyone else.

erniehatt

Re: First impressions again!

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:57 pm

I read all those posts and it seems to me the gentleman is to smart for his own good, he is one who will never be happy no matter what..
I mhad a few problems at first, mainly because of lack of a manual, but the guys here soon sorted my problems, thanks guys.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”